Author Topic: Charging station.  (Read 767 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Charging station.
« on: 27 February, 2021, 06:16:01 pm »
I’m trying to sort out a charging station, mainly to keep the good doctor happy wrt cables and the like. I have a number of battery chargers and a usb power unit that all take an iec c7 and obviously at low current.

Does anyone know of a power distribution solution that doesn’t require a 13 amp 3 pin plug on the end of each cable or is it going to be DIY with lots of wego?
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Charging station.
« Reply #1 on: 27 February, 2021, 06:41:06 pm »
IEC C13 power strip and an assortment of C14 to C7 cables?

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2 on: 28 February, 2021, 08:22:05 am »
I use anker 6 way USB psu. I have one in the kitchen, one in the bedroom and 3 in the office (they are really useful for powering Raspberry PI clusters). The first two have natty little bamboo stands that the phones/tablets etc slot into to hold them during charging. The office ones are as nature intended :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #3 on: 28 February, 2021, 09:31:06 am »
Anker do a range of powered hubs with varying numbers of USB charge ports.   I am a fan of Anker powerbanks and can testify as to their robustness and quality in the hands of a clumsy bear.

« Reply #4 on: 28 February, 2021, 05:30:14 pm »
Another +Anker here.

Decide:

- if you want a USB C socket (you can still use a USB-A -> USB-C, but that means sorting a cable you may not have)
- What fast charge compatibility you want
- How many ways you want. If more ways is important, you may have to compromise on the first two
- if you want to plug straight into a socket, or you don't mind/want a mains lead

Ravpower are equally good and worth a look, too.