Author Topic: Progress  (Read 4726 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: Progress
« Reply #25 on: 31 October, 2008, 11:26:38 am »
They aren't, the steps are:

1) Use allen key to turn release tension on pedal to minimum (IMPORTANT, as they are a bugger to fit otherwise!)
2) Clip front of reflector into place first, then using a then screwdriver slide back in (do it this way as the back is the bit which pivots, not the front)
3) Tighten release tension up to max

repeat for pedal 2, then go and ride.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #26 on: 03 June, 2010, 07:31:53 pm »
I'm curious as to why you use A520s

They give better support to the foot with their broad plate.

I'm not sure about this now, and anyway any benefit is offset by the fact that they also produce a bit of resistance to rotation about a vertical axis, which I don't like. I can't be arsed with the remaining set of A520s in the fleet - changing to M520s. The thing with A520s is that it is hard to feel if you are in the right spot to click in - seems a lot easier to locate yourself on the M520. This is assuming one is on the right side of the pedal at all, of course, but at least that is easily detectable. I don't miss that often on the A520s but often enough to markedly piss me off. Double sided pedals are so much less hassle.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #27 on: 03 June, 2010, 08:32:26 pm »
Yes Clarion, I think a hybrid for the practice is a good idea.  :smug:
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.