Author Topic: Fatbloke down!  (Read 3253 times)

spen666

Re: Fatbloke down!
« Reply #25 on: 20 January, 2010, 07:05:07 pm »
Has Fatters been heard from since his initial post?

I notice there was an earth tremor in Haiti - could this be connected with Fatters fall?

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #26 on: 20 January, 2010, 07:07:12 pm »
Pleased that you are unhurt :thumbsup:

« Reply #27 on: 20 January, 2010, 07:26:35 pm »
Sorry to hear this FatBloke.  How superficial is the damage to the steed?

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #28 on: 20 January, 2010, 10:46:27 pm »
What's to tell? I was cycling up Baltic Avenue and was just about to turn left into Tylers Avenue where I work.. A woman driving a Mondeo decided to overtake me and turn left (I hadn't indicated so she didn't know I was also going left). She cut the corner leaving only one place for me to go; the deck!  This was in full view of all the early morning smokers in my office getting their last drag of nicotine before the working day started.

I picked myself up. She had stopped 50 yards up the road and walked back. I was not best pleased. Quick rant about what the fuck she thought she was doing. Apparently she had indicated so it's not her fault. Gave her a long lecture about leaving as much room as you would a car when overtaking a cyclist. Eventually gave up as she was obviously completely fucking brain dead and I was wasting my breath.

Light bruising to knee and elbow. Clothing intact. Slight scaping to hood of RH STI lever.
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

« Reply #29 on: 20 January, 2010, 10:59:14 pm »
... Apparently she had indicated so it's not her fault...

Glad you're ok.

That is the exact same wording as the incident I described to the cycling group in front of the policeman on Monday evening.  Mine was slightly better in that the driver was so adamant that he was in the right because he was indicating that he phoned the police so that they could come down and give me a piece of their mind.   It's a shame that although they attended they then lost the paperwork.  ::-)

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #30 on: 20 January, 2010, 10:59:51 pm »
Not even a sore palm from giving her a good slap?
There's no vibrations, but wait.

« Reply #31 on: 20 January, 2010, 11:04:03 pm »
I had something similar with a ranty woman at work who left-hooked me: when she said I wasn't indicating, I pointed out that she* should probably have taken that to mean I was going straight on, so turning left across me was an even more stupid thing to do. 

Glad you're OK.

*It was actually her dad who was driving, but she still saw fit to upbraid me ::-)