Author Topic: Seat bosses on Speed Ross  (Read 1460 times)

Seat bosses on Speed Ross
« on: 24 March, 2011, 09:44:46 am »
I've got one of the earlier models and have discovered that it has sheared off where the jubilee clips hold the seat frame onto the lower boss.  Does anyone know the best way to get this fixed? - it can't be the first time it's ever happened to one.

Re: Seat bosses on Speed Ross
« Reply #1 on: 24 March, 2011, 07:20:05 pm »
If this is like the ones on my 1994 Trice, it is simply a u shaped "bed" welded on to the frame.

When the "wing" went on mine, I was on tour and nipped into a garage that simply welded it back on (Didn't charge either)

The repair lasted longer then the frame itself!

« Reply #2 on: 25 March, 2011, 10:26:45 am »
If this is like the ones on my 1994 Trice, it is simply a u shaped "bed" welded on to the frame.

When the "wing" went on mine, I was on tour and nipped into a garage that simply welded it back on (Didn't charge either)

The repair lasted longer then the frame itself!

That's the one - I wondered if it could be welded as it's such a thin piece of metal.  Plenty of knocking shops round here that will do it for a pittance.

I've had the forks go on mine already and I'll be keeping an eye on it from now on, given their reputation!

« Reply #3 on: 26 March, 2011, 08:48:29 pm »
My '94 Trice failed with the rear chain stays, and a couple of other welds

What was quite interesting is that I would send the frame back, and get a modified version returned and then the next model would have that modification, so I think I was something of a test pilot

After a failure of e main boom, I had repaired by Chas Mayo, but I had lost confidence in it and  bought the Catrike  - when I gave the Trice to Bike Magic it was virtually a Trice Classic

« Reply #4 on: 25 July, 2011, 10:29:54 am »
The next thing to go was one of the rear V-brake bosses, on a ride with Kim and a mate.  Does anyone know where I can get another one brazed back on? - Bikefix weren't able to advise.

« Reply #5 on: 25 July, 2011, 08:48:48 pm »
Although in an unusual position (but not at the time) these are standard bosses - any frame builder should be able to sort.

« Reply #6 on: 26 July, 2011, 02:28:57 pm »
Thanks - trying Mercian in Derby

« Reply #7 on: 26 July, 2011, 10:17:31 pm »
Allegedly there is a Secondary School in Cromer who did Ross frames!