General Category > On The Road

CTC rebranding

(1/107) > >>

Cudzoziemiec:
The CTC are sending out an email inviting people to take part in a survey on "refreshing the brand."

--- Quote ---CTC is beginning a consultation process to consider refreshing our brand. This may mean a new way of describing ourselves and our services, a new look and feel, a new way of using our name - or even a new name altogether.
--- End quote ---
One or two of the questions suggest they might be considering dropping the "Touring" part from the name. Or maybe not...

Andrij:
Here's a suggestion: change the name to Cyclists' Touring Club.

delthebike:

--- Quote from: Andrij on 15 August, 2013, 05:16:38 pm ---Here's a suggestion: change the name to Cyclists' Touring Club.

--- End quote ---
I think it still is called that (on the bottom of my renewal letter) although on the website and letters logo it appears to be
CTC the national cycling charity.

Paul Rainbow:
Yes just filled that questionnaire in, to be honest if they change the name that will be the final straw for me!

They have been fucking around with the CTC for so long now it seems Head office are going in a completely different direction to the local groups I am a committee member with.  I will be happy to call it a day and just get more involved with my local Audax club.

Shame really, over a 100 years of cycling tradition pissed away for a PR exercise  :facepalm:

mattc:

--- Quote from: cyclofabrica on 15 August, 2013, 05:45:48 pm ---Yes just filled that questionnaire in, to be honest if they change the name that will be the final straw for me!

They have been fucking around with the CTC for so long now it seems Head office are going in a completely different direction to the local groups I am a committee member with.  I will be happy to call it a day and just get more involved with my local Audax club.

Shame really, over a 100 years of cycling tradition pissed away for a PR exercise  :facepalm:

--- End quote ---
I think AUK are in danger of a similar strategy. So far, steady hands have hung onto the tiller, but I do have my fears.

Currently both organisations still do more-or-less what I want, most of the time - if you ignore the PR!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version