Author Topic: Transferring contacts, data, etc. from iPhone to Android  (Read 1306 times)

Transferring contacts, data, etc. from iPhone to Android
« on: 11 December, 2018, 10:39:42 am »
When I moved the opposite direction a few months ago, it was easy, but it seems to be more complicated t'other way.

Anyone done this & who can recommend a guide or easy way, please?
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: Transferring contacts, data, etc. from iPhone to Android
« Reply #1 on: 11 December, 2018, 12:14:43 pm »
Having just migrated a number of users onto Samsung phones, the migration program that runs at startup on a new Android, is able to migrate iOS as well as Android.

Or just backup to GDrive and then restore

HTH
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #2 on: 11 December, 2018, 09:39:32 pm »
Got a Gmail account ? Then it is is just logging in and it is all there (after you have done that on the iThing and everything has uploaded to the cloud)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #3 on: 11 December, 2018, 10:02:19 pm »
When I moved the opposite direction a few months ago, it was easy, but it seems to be more complicated t'other way.

I'm not great with these things, but when I knackered my iphone 5s and bought a cheap Samsung to tie me over [that I subsequently broke!] I found it a right PITA. What you'll need to do is delete everything from your Apple account, and deregister your number from Apple, because you'll find that you won't get texts from iphone users on your new Android from your contact list - not for a while anyway - something to do with iphone's texts being imessages and android being sms messages [or something like that]. I resolved it eventually, but it was a pain.

Looks like they've made it a tad easier now...bout time too.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203042
Garry Broad

« Reply #4 on: 12 December, 2018, 01:30:26 pm »
Well, the iPhone is backed up to Google Drive, so I'm hoping it'll be straightforward, but we'll see...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #5 on: 17 December, 2018, 10:10:22 am »
Mostly OK, but I had to manually upload apps and stuff. On the bright side, it gave me the chance to cull unused apps.