Author Topic: Ljubljana Airport.  (Read 1928 times)

Ljubljana Airport.
« on: 11 January, 2017, 10:09:16 am »
I am going on a cycling tour to Slovenia this June and was wanting to know if there is a Left luggage facility at Ljubljana airport ?.I can use a cycle bag if there is storage.The alternative is to protect the bike with lagging and cardboard as best as possible and hope it stays hidden!. Thanks for any information.

Re: Ljubljana Airport.
« Reply #1 on: 11 January, 2017, 10:16:15 am »
Actually, this is an alternative http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ctc-cycling-uk-plastic-bike-bag/

Being seethrough, it gets handled better (IME, anyhow) and you can carry with you.

As for Lubjana I pretty certain I remember seeing left luggage, but wouldn't be sure. The cycling scene is pretty active in Slovenia, and I've always halfway fancied going back for a tour, I'd be interested to hear your experience there.

« Reply #2 on: 11 January, 2017, 10:47:04 am »
When I was planning a trip to bosnia and thinking of cycling from an airport in Zagreb, I contacted a B&B in Zagreb and asked how much they would charge to store a hard-shell bike case for a week. The answer was '0', since I would be booking to stay with them for a night each way (arriving off plane and night before flying back). Maybe try that approach?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3 on: 11 January, 2017, 10:51:49 am »
Actually, this is an alternative http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ctc-cycling-uk-plastic-bike-bag/

Being seethrough, it gets handled better (IME, anyhow) and you can carry with you.

As for Lubjana I pretty certain I remember seeing left luggage, but wouldn't be sure. The cycling scene is pretty active in Slovenia, and I've always halfway fancied going back for a tour, I'd be interested to hear your experience there.

Or, if you are a real cheapskate, try your local bed shop to see if they have any mattress bags they want rid of.

As for MrC's idea, if you remember, Ham, I suggested something similar for a Catalonia tour, leaving the stuff at the Ibis we stayed in.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #4 on: 11 January, 2017, 11:01:49 am »
Ah yes...of course that doesn't help my one-way plans this year.

I wonder if there is a Post Restante in Porto.....

(ETA apparently all post offices accept PR)

« Reply #5 on: 11 January, 2017, 12:48:24 pm »
I am going on a cycling tour to Slovenia this June and was wanting to know if there is a Left luggage facility at Ljubljana airport ?

According to sleepinginairports.net, the answer is no. There are lockers at the train station, but the limit is 72 hours.

When I was planning a trip to bosnia and thinking of cycling from an airport in Zagreb, I contacted a B&B in Zagreb and asked how much they would charge to store a hard-shell bike case for a week. The answer was '0', since I would be booking to stay with them for a night each way (arriving off plane and night before flying back). Maybe try that approach?

This is what I normally do, but it depends on your flight times and itinerary. I cycle to the nearest motel/hotel/pensione and book in for the last night of my trip, then ask if they will store my empty bag. It probably wouldn't work for a hard case, I use a padded bag which can be bungeed over the panniers for short distances.

Ah yes...of course that doesn't help my one-way plans this year.

I wonder if there is a Post Restante in Porto.....

(ETA apparently all post offices accept PR)

They don't, but any town that has at least one post office will accept Poste Restante at at least one of them. Your problem in a city the size of Porto is finding out which one your stuff went to!
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.