Author Topic: Lottery Results Show  (Read 1329 times)

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
Lottery Results Show
« on: 13 April, 2018, 11:25:31 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43750448

Damn it!!  The Lottery Results show (that I have always assumed nobody ever watches) moves to ITV.

Does anyone know of anybody who gives a flying f***?

Does anybody know anyone who does, or has ever, watched it?
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
Re: Lottery Results Show
« Reply #1 on: 13 April, 2018, 11:40:51 am »
There's a lottery results show?  How long does it take to read out half a dozen numbers?
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #2 on: 13 April, 2018, 12:22:16 pm »
I have never understood the point of that show either and I like an occasional flutter on the lottery.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #3 on: 13 April, 2018, 02:04:42 pm »
There's a lottery results show?  How long does it take to read out half a dozen numbers?
Well:
you know how long it takes them to read out the winner on the talent shows these days? Extrapolate from that, and add some footage of bouncing numbered balls.

(I only see it when the recording of Dr Who goes wrong  ::-) )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4 on: 13 April, 2018, 02:06:03 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43750448

Damn it!!  The Lottery Results show (that I have always assumed nobody ever watches) moves to ITV.

Does anyone know of anybody who gives a flying f***?

Ant & Dec maybe?

Does anybody know anyone who does, or has ever, watched it?

I watched in general despair the first time it happened, thinking that surely the BBC could come up with something more classy - or at least less irritating - than Mystic Meg[1].  And from then on my parents would pay the stupidity tax each week and generally tuned in[2] to watch the balls drop, which was hard to avoid.  It's not like there was anything good on the other side, anyway.

[1] If I'd had my way, they'd have deployed Carol Vorderman (who was yet to jump the shark) to do a regular 5-minute slot on all the things that would give a better return for your money than the lottery, as a statistical up-yours to the government.
[2] Read: Re-aligned the televisual wallpaper to BBC 1