Author Topic: Cuckoo Farm campsite, Ketton, Rutland: June 1st to 5th.  (Read 4370 times)

Re: Cuckoo Farm campsite, Ketton, Rutland: June 1st to 5th.
« Reply #25 on: 17 May, 2023, 09:01:06 pm »
I have just booked us in for four nights arriving Thursday June 1st and departing Monday June 5th.

Now, where do I get a string or two of battery powered led lights for the gazebo ...   8)

« Reply #26 on: 28 May, 2023, 10:27:37 pm »
Sorry, won't be joining you after all.

Not been well today, and other issues cropped up.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

« Reply #27 on: 29 May, 2023, 08:39:42 am »
S'ok.  Life happens.   Would have been great to see you again so maybe next time.

Hope that you are feeling better soon.

Although we are booked and everything is calm and well with the not FiL I am not ruling out disruptions to our plans ...

« Reply #28 on: 29 May, 2023, 09:45:03 am »
Sadly I won’t be able to make it either.  I’ve done Something Nasty to my right knee .  Hope you have a nice time.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #29 on: 29 May, 2023, 09:07:26 pm »
Such is life.

We are tentatively planning a midweek raid on Twitey's TeePees in late June / early July and a Silverdale trek in mid September.

Oh, and I think that we're going to a festival in late August. 

Camping is back!!!

« Reply #30 on: 29 May, 2023, 09:09:33 pm »
I may be able to do twitys tipis 🙂
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #31 on: 01 June, 2023, 12:21:42 pm »
We're looking at a couple of days midweek for Twiteys.  Likely to be the second week of July.

I've just packed Heidi.  She can swallow quite a load...  🤔  😮  🤭

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #32 on: 01 June, 2023, 04:58:41 pm »
We're looking at a couple of days midweek for Twiteys.  Likely to be the second week of July.

I've just packed Heidi.  She can swallow quite a load...  🤔  😮  🤭

If you do go to Michael Twite's place in July I may join you for some day riding . .  only about 7 miles home to my own bed :)

« Reply #33 on: 03 June, 2023, 08:11:30 am »
Rob,

It will always be good to see you.

We (mllePB and I) don't ride any more unfortunately.  Martin might be up for a local lanes pootle on his electrified ICE though.  I'll ask him if you are interested.

Will post dates when we know them and of course if others join then you might just get some ride buddies!

Finally found the site internet here at Cuckoo.  Last night we sat around the fire pit with Torslanda and she of the "Horned Helmet" and the junior Torslanda.  Looking at an afternoon visit to Stamford later.

Too much sun for my liking but so far mostly fabulously relaxing.

« Reply #34 on: 03 June, 2023, 11:16:42 am »
Hope you all have a splendid time.    I did a 6 km flat walk along the Mersey coast yesterday, my knee is still a bit sore when I flex it.

I don't recall if you do Twitter but this chap seems to live in Stamford & posts lots of nice pictures.  https://twitter.com/theoldbuilding
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #35 on: 04 June, 2023, 07:53:20 am »
Stamford does indeed have a rich heritage of wonderful buildings.  We found a passageway called Mallory Lane with a number of enlarged b&w historic pictures of the architecture of Stamford.  Many we could easily recognise from our meanderings.

Lovely down by the river too but in the words of one of our own, "... it's a bit pricey.".

« Reply #36 on: 04 June, 2023, 12:57:41 pm »
The Torslandas have now departed and about 90% of the families and couples have also left.  I am now contemplating egg butties and strawberries with cream for lunch.

I have also secured a hookup for this evening to charge Heidi at very reasonable rates.  🖕

« Reply #37 on: 05 June, 2023, 12:21:43 pm »
It's a pleasant, overcast day today so breaking camp was a sweat free experience.

We charged the car to 100% overnight (with permission) and at 30p per kWh.  Worthwhile for us for convenience more than anything.

This car camping malarky needs a little more planning.  I would rather a slightly larger tent with a front section that can be opened than messing around with the gazebo.  Also, these new-fangled airbeam tents seem less faff than poles.  Oh, and I probably could do with a slightly bigger table or a significantly better organised camp kitchen.

We are now in Uppingham having lunch.  The place feels a bit drab to me.