Author Topic: Sandstone Way, Northumberland  (Read 9449 times)

mcshroom

• Mushroom
Sandstone Way, Northumberland
« on: 05 February, 2015, 10:59:19 pm »
This is interesting.

The Sandstone Way will be a new 120 mile (approx) mountain biking route between Berwick upon Tweed and Hexham in North Northumberland. It links, and is named after, the numerous sandstone features, crags and outcrops which are characteristic of the region. The route traverses through an amazing ever-changing landscape which is rich in history, geological features and iconic scenery.
http://www.cyclepad.org.uk/listing/The-Sandstone-Way
http://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/2014/11/19/new-sandstone-way-mountain-bike-trail-planned-for-northumberland

Due to open this spring.

I've just had a works C2C fall through in mid March and could be tempted to have a try at this instead :)

Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Re: Sandstone Way, Northumberland
« Reply #1 on: 05 February, 2015, 11:12:41 pm »
"It’s almost certain some fit mountain bikers will try to do the whole route in a day but very few will manage especially if they ride the optional harder sections."

Just what I had in mind;)

Gauntlet laid...

Looks like it could be good fun

« Reply #2 on: 05 February, 2015, 11:14:12 pm »
It does look interesting.

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #3 on: 05 July, 2016, 09:56:31 pm »
Has anybody done this or do we have anyone local (Bellingham ideally) in the house? 
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #4 on: 05 July, 2016, 10:20:30 pm »
"It’s almost certain some fit mountain bikers will try to do the whole route in a day but very few will manage especially if they ride the optional harder sections."

Just what I had in mind;)

Gauntlet laid...

Looks like it could be good fun

Everyone I know who's did it in a day said it was alright, just a bit of a slog with a load of gates.