Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 444581 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #2875 on: 15 November, 2021, 10:07:06 pm »
90's X Files episodes

I've just looked it up, and it kept going until 2002.  I think I gave up on it in 1998 or so, and then didn't have a telly for ages.  Did anything ever get resolved?

There was another 2 series after that in 2016 and 2018.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2876 on: 15 November, 2021, 10:11:34 pm »
Didn't Mulder finally get to properly tend Scully's allotment?

I may have dreamed that one, of course.
I seem to remember the production of a sox1 from a weeding session, though Mulder didn’t find out about it until sometime later as befits the conspicuous nature of the show

1. Sculy/Fox highbred.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

ian

« Reply #2877 on: 16 November, 2021, 10:01:34 am »
Captain Clumsyfingers, having finally banished the yellow clouds of turmeric, ventured back into the kitchen last night to retrieve the cat food, pulling out the sachet and simultaneous dislodging a pack of 10 cans of some other cat food, which, of course, landed on my bare foot. Despite not falling very far as the cupboard is at ground level (the cans were on the top shelf, so about knee height), it really fucking hurt and made me utter a number of very bad words. The boundless sympathy of my wife stretched to why don't you look what you're doing? which I suppose is unsympathetically accurate. Bad Cat just gnawed my ankle (Little Monster Cat, being wiser, just patiently waits by her bowl).

Big fat bruise now and I won't be wearing party heels for a few days.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2878 on: 16 November, 2021, 11:29:31 am »
90's X Files episodes

I've just looked it up, and it kept going until 2002.  I think I gave up on it in 1998 or so, and then didn't have a telly for ages.  Did anything ever get resolved?

There was another 2 series after that in 2016 and 2018.

I'm sure I must have known that.   :facepalm:

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #2879 on: 16 November, 2021, 11:51:50 am »
and not to forget the movie
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

ian

« Reply #2880 on: 16 November, 2021, 12:01:43 pm »

Why not, everyone else did.

« Reply #2881 on: 16 November, 2021, 12:13:58 pm »
Situation: two wheels for my Giant, one slightly dodgy hub, one knackered hub,

Just bought a shiny new 32-hole hub, planned to use it with my still quite nice 32-hole rim, and use the slightly dodgy hub from that with the rim from the hub that's completely knackered, which will be relegated to the box of random spares.

I stripped the wheel, carefully labelled the spokes (drive side leading etc), and looked and thought I didn't seem to have enough spokes. At that point, I counted the holes in the rim.

Anyone want a 28-hole rim?

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2882 on: 16 November, 2021, 06:22:33 pm »

There were two, but the second one was a Rubbish.

The Lone Gunmen had their own spin-off too, but Fox canned it after a single season.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #2883 on: 16 November, 2021, 07:32:05 pm »
bugger I missed that
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

ian

« Reply #2884 on: 16 November, 2021, 08:53:29 pm »

There were two, but the second one was a Rubbish.

The Lone Gunmen had their own spin-off too, but Fox canned it after a single season.

Didn't they all die spectacularly and suddenly? (checks Google, it seems they were cancelled, came back to the X-Files where they were more spectacularly cancelled with a biological agent, presumably not one of Mulder's ripe ones).

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2885 on: 17 November, 2021, 01:36:50 am »
After their series got canned they came back for one ep in S9 in order to be killed utterly to DETH and buried in Arlington, though Langly popped up in one episode of series 11 having been uploaded to the Internets before getting deaded.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #2886 on: 18 November, 2021, 09:11:49 am »
This cash machine has gone odd - much stranger responses. Oh well, gimme my money.

Oh, I just used a credit card.

ian

« Reply #2887 on: 18 November, 2021, 09:29:15 am »
Don't knock it, I used to have a top-loading VCR with a mysterious set of front panel LEDs that I eventually discovered worked as a ouija board to communicate with the teeming dead. Not one of whom was willing to tweak the tracking.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2888 on: 20 November, 2021, 04:28:06 pm »
Halfway round today's toddle I put in my order at the coffee/cake shop then sat down and realized that I'd left wallet & papers at home.  No problem: I've been going there for 15+ years to they not only put it on a tab but insisted on lending me 10€ just in case.  Nice people.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #2889 on: 20 November, 2021, 08:56:17 pm »
Last year I had the flu jab for the first time.  A few hours later I had to retreat to bed to sweat out the side effects.

Yesterday I had this year's flu jab.

Felt horrible all day and sat in front of the telly for 5 hours re-watching the current series of Shetland, with the gas fire on flat out.

You'd think I might have learned...

And I've got the Covid booster on Saturday, and I had a reaction to the first jab.  Not looking forward to this.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #2890 on: 21 November, 2021, 07:32:03 am »
Quote from: andytheflyer
... this year's flu jab. Felt horrible all day...
Sympathy, but got to be better than going down with the real thing.  Definitely a YMMV thing, though.  I had my flu jag last week (my first ever, my but that makes me feel *old*) as did MrsL.  No reaction at all for either of us.  Don't get our boosters until mid Dec.  Be interesting to see if either of us react to that as we didn't get a huge reaction to the AZ.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #2891 on: 21 November, 2021, 09:09:30 am »
Quote from: andytheflyer
... this year's flu jab. Felt horrible all day...
Sympathy, but got to be better than going down with the real thing.  Definitely a YMMV thing, though.  I had my flu jag last week (my first ever, my but that makes me feel *old*) as did MrsL.  No reaction at all for either of us.  Don't get our boosters until mid Dec.  Be interesting to see if either of us react to that as we didn't get a huge reaction to the AZ.
Well, the upside of the flu jab adverse reaction (apart I suppose from getting the flu itself) was that I spotted a few clues in the Shetland mystery that I'd missed previously, but there's still a few things I'm obviously missing.  All will be revealed in the last episode this coming Wednesday.  Doubtless DI Perez will crack the case, again. My elder daughter's a DI and I can't see her cracking it.......

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2892 on: 21 November, 2021, 09:21:32 am »
Ah well, a strong reaction implies that your immune system took notice and swung into action, so you should be well-protected.  Folk like me, however, whose immune systems said "yeah, so what?", maybe not.  I had a 3-month dose of Vit.D two days before, too.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #2893 on: 21 November, 2021, 08:10:25 pm »
I thought I had lost my wallet. I knew where it was it was in my coat pocket where I last used it. It was not there, a frantic search all over the house followed. Just as I was about to ring the bank to cancel cards I realised I looked in the pocket of the wrong coat.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2894 on: 23 November, 2021, 08:15:40 pm »
Got one of those Ikea Alex drawer sets.
Built it.
Puzzled by the drawers not fitting in the way I expected.
I built it upside down, didn't I?  :facepalm:

(In my defence it was not obvious which was up the side panels should be oriented in the instructions)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2895 on: 23 November, 2021, 10:03:56 pm »
Took barakta to the pool for a shower and some extracurricular hydroterrorism.  We cunningly checked the timetable to ensure that we went after the boom change[1] and when all children[2] in onesies[3] had dissipated.  What we failed to notice was that the pool depth was 2.0m.   :facepalm:

Cue some partially arsed leg-wiggling on the wheelchair lift, and a bit of stair-stepping.  Swimming is still verboten.

[1] When they take the pool out of commission to convert it from two 25m pools to a single 50m pool, or vice-versa.
[2] Because you can forget about the accessible changing rooms being  a) available  or  b) clean  at children o'clock.
[3] At some point in the decades since I had swimming lessons, it became compulsory to wear a onesie on the way home.

« Reply #2896 on: 23 November, 2021, 10:33:50 pm »
So is barakta now wearing a onesie, or do we need to buy something suitable for Christmas ?  ;)
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2897 on: 23 November, 2021, 10:57:32 pm »
Not a onesie in sight.  It turns out that 2-metre full-length pool time is when the budgie smugglers[1] come out.

[1] A brand of antipodean swimwear who can't maintain a web server.

« Reply #2898 on: 24 November, 2021, 08:50:51 am »
Changing the pool depth requires a foot note too for those who don’t live in the future like you. Does the floor move or is there a huge drop from the sides?

« Reply #2899 on: 24 November, 2021, 09:30:38 am »
Changing the pool depth requires a foot note too for those who don’t live in the future like you. Does the floor move or is there a huge drop from the sides?

I'm guessing the floor lifts/lowers. Not uncommon in modern swimming pools.
<i>Marmite slave</i>