Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 2998477 times)

I just had to post this, you London lot are just nuts, I've just had a phone call from a young lady who lives in that Londinium, Chelsea to be exact
inquiring as to whether we still had the Jack Russell puppies for sale, yes I said, ok she said how much to deliver puppy to Chelsea, well I'm too busy to drive all that way, so she is going to catch the train to Cardiff and we will meet up later to day and do the deal nuts or what ?
she said she will phone when she is on her way :)

I will post later with the result, I'm going for a no show as the favorite

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
This month is our city's workplace cycle challenge.  Is it strictly allowable to log this weekend's 400km audax? 

mcshroom

• Mushroom
Depends - what do the rules say can be included :)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
They include leisure rides, not just commuting ...

I'll put it on as an experiment, to see whether I get an email from an admin asking whether I meant 25 miles not 250  ;D

mcshroom

• Mushroom
In that case it counts (and you have more proof than most people)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
If it's a Citroen it was probably never supposed to run properly in the first place! (I used to have an AX many many years ago  :D )

You Englishmen don't get cars  :P
Wot? The nation that gave the world the Austin Allegro, Morris Ital, Montego, Maestro doesn't get cars? Aah.... as you were.

;)

It's all in the spec, you don't have engineers able to write specifications such as "A vehicle able to carry two farmers in clogs, 50kg of potatoes or a small wine barrel at a maximum speed of 60km/h for a fuel consumption of 3l/100km (90 mpg)".
Chief cat entertainer.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
It's the clogs. We don't have the clogs.  :D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Thinking about it, every car I've ever owned has been French.  :o Mind you, that's only two: the aforesaid Citroen AX and a Renault Megane. I'll have to break open the piggy bank and buy myself a good, honest, British car like a MINI. Oh, er, hang on...
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

It's made in Oxford, so it's as British as the Vauxhall Astra, Honda Civic, Nissan Note, Toyota Auris & all those Jaguars & Land Rovers!
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

It's made in Oxford, so it's as British as the Vauxhall Astra, Honda Civic, Nissan Note, Toyota Auris & all those Jaguars & Land Rovers!
Or Peugeot 206...  (Seeing we were talking French cars!)
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

While waiting at the vets, I noticed a set of large scaled, dogs for the weighing of. Accurate to within 0.5 kg. Quick glance, noone is looking
Whoops. I'm just a bit heavier than I thought. Just a mere 10kg more
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Chris S

While waiting at the vets, I noticed a set of large scaled, dogs for the weighing of. Accurate to within 0.5 kg. Quick glance, noone is looking
Whoops. I'm just a bit heavier than I thought. Just a mere 10kg more

No no - don't worry, they'll show Dog Kilos, not Human Kilos.

jogler

• mojo operandi
is that like dog years?
1 human year = 7 dog years

If it's a Citroen it was probably never supposed to run properly in the first place! (I used to have an AX many many years ago  :D )

You Englishmen don't get cars  :P
Wot? The nation that gave the world the Austin Allegro, Morris Ital, Montego, Maestro doesn't get cars? Aah.... as you were.

;)

It's all in the spec, you don't have engineers able to write specifications such as "A vehicle able to carry two farmers in clogs, 50kg of potatoes or a small wine barrel at a maximum speed of 60km/h for a fuel consumption of 3l/100km (90 mpg)".

Don't forget the basket of eggs across a ploughed field, with driver and passenger wearing Sunday hats....

(Friend of mine has a 2CV, and we went out to visit another friend who lives out in the country, and whose neighbour sells eggs at her gate, so I acutally got to sit all the way home with a basket of eggs on my knee - and the road was almost bad enough to be a ploughed field.)
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

AndyK

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
There's a cockwomble bot on twitter. I just tweeted a thought about Piers Moron and the cockwomble bot retweeted it.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Two different project managers (who are unlikely to talk to each other) have asked me what my availability is to work for them.   Should I tell each of them that the other has requested 100% of my time? :demon:

Tell them to talk to each other and sort it out between themselves.  That should buy you an idle week or two!  :thumbsup:

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes

Don't forget the basket of eggs across a ploughed field, with driver and passenger wearing Sunday hats....

(Friend of mine has a 2CV, and we went out to visit another friend who lives out in the country, and whose neighbour sells eggs at her gate, so I acutally got to sit all the way home with a basket of eggs on my knee - and the road was almost bad enough to be a ploughed field.)

Indeed but that was becoming quite technical, actually here is the full sentence:

"Faites étudier par vos services un véhicule pouvant transporter deux cultivateurs en sabots, cinquante kilos de pommes de terre ou un tonnelet à une vitesse maximale de 60 km/h, pour une consommation de 3 litres d'essence aux 100 kilomètres. En outre, ce véhicule doit pouvoir passer par les plus mauvais chemins, il doit être suffisamment léger pour être manié par une conductrice débutante. Son confort doit être irréprochable car les paniers d'œufs transportés à l'arrière doivent arriver intacts malgré les ornières.  Son prix devra être bien inférieur à celui de notre Traction Avant, et enfin, je vous précise que son esthétique m'importe peu."

There is also a reference to "must be light enough so that it can be operated by a female beginner driver"
Chief cat entertainer.

Thought as much, no show, should have had a 5er on that :)

My Galaxy has just turned 19 years old.

Indeed but that was becoming quite technical, actually here is the full sentence:

"Faites étudier par vos services un véhicule pouvant transporter deux cultivateurs en sabots, cinquante kilos de pommes de terre ou un tonnelet à une vitesse maximale de 60 km/h, pour une consommation de 3 litres d'essence aux 100 kilomètres. En outre, ce véhicule doit pouvoir passer par les plus mauvais chemins, il doit être suffisamment léger pour être manié par une conductrice débutante. Son confort doit être irréprochable car les paniers d'œufs transportés à l'arrière doivent arriver intacts malgré les ornières.  Son prix devra être bien inférieur à celui de notre Traction Avant, et enfin, je vous précise que son esthétique m'importe peu."

There is also a reference to "must be light enough so that it can be operated by a female beginner driver"

I still hanker after a DS myself. Not the modern travesty under the name, but the sleek shark faced monster that could pick one wheel up and run even after being shot...

Not that I expect many assassination attempts, I just love the look of them.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

jogler

• mojo operandi
I have conceeded that I should have a medical opinion relating to my troublesome knee.
I'll start with my GP & ask for a referral to a physio.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Blimey, I'd have eaten it within half an hour.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Blimey, I'd have eaten it within half an hour.

;D ;D ;D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

I have conceeded that I should have a medical opinion relating to my troublesome knee.
I'll start with my GP & ask for a referral to a physio.
:thumbsup: We've been telling you that!
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.