Author Topic: Low Resources  (Read 969 times)

Low Resources
« on: 17 February, 2019, 12:42:37 pm »
When I am taking part in Skype for Business or Zoom (an American preferred calling system) video calls, and indeed even when watching You Tube, the audio on the laptop is intermittently breaking up, sometimes making it impossible to stay on the call.  I get low on resources messages and also messages about poor internet connection.

The internet is fine as my colleagues do not suffer from this, but we've tried different wifi connections and a wired connection as well.  The laptop has 8G of RAM that is rarely more than 60% used, often 40-50% which seems typical.  CPU and wifi graphs in Task Manager, performance tab, likewise are quite low.  It's an i5-3210M running W10.

Where else can I look for an issue?

Genosse Brymbo

• Ostalgist
Re: Low Resources
« Reply #1 on: 17 February, 2019, 06:17:56 pm »
What operating system are you using and how are these "low on resources" messages output - in the Windows event logs, an application log file, or a message box in the GUI?
The present is a foreign country: they do things differently here.

ian

« Reply #2 on: 17 February, 2019, 06:52:40 pm »
Webex gives that error all the time, I assume the issue is their side, as it doesn't seem to matter on what computer or network. Cynicism was suggest they have have additional tiers of more expensive business services...

« Reply #3 on: 17 February, 2019, 07:39:00 pm »
Windows 10 and message box in gui.

I've been investigating this afternoon and you tube was quite bad but I recalled that I often watch as I eat my lunch and it's been fine until recently.  So I deleted Zone Alarm (recently added) and a few other unused programs and it's absolutely fine now.  Even opening resource hungry programs like Autocad didn't faze it.

Watch this space!