Author Topic: Numpty cyclists  (Read 1494 times)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Numpty cyclists
« on: 21 November, 2008, 01:36:42 pm »
I was cycling up Eversholt St., (London) which is a straight road with very few junctions & a lovely new road surface, so you can get up quite a bit of speed.  As I was battling into a headwind, a van started to pull out from the right.  I started to slow down in case he actually pulled out on me and then I felt a huge bang on my back wheel.  It turns out numpty cyclists had decided to slipstream my up Eversholt St. and seemed to think it was a bit funny that he hadn't been able to stop when I slowed down.  I explained to him why slipstreaming someone who is unaware that there's someone on their back wheel, and esp. in an urban environment, isn't very sensible.  Whether that go through to him is a different matter.  Bloody numtpy.  Grrr...
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Numpty cyclists
« Reply #1 on: 21 November, 2008, 01:40:16 pm »
Hmmm.  Hope you aren't hurt.  And that your bike isn't damaged ( I don't give a damn about his).

I'm cr@p with headwinds, so I don't tend to get slipstreamed, I'm pleased to say.
Getting there...

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #2 on: 21 November, 2008, 01:43:14 pm »
Yeah, the bike and I are both find.  It just pushed me forward, so I didn't come off.  I was initally confused by what happened and then pi$$ed off when I realised why the numpty had run into the back of me.  Also, I think the cyclist in question must be crap with headwinds, hence hiding in my slipstream. 
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3 on: 21 November, 2008, 01:45:13 pm »
It wasn't me! :o ;D
Getting there...

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #4 on: 21 November, 2008, 01:49:06 pm »
Did he actually have any brakes?
There's no vibrations, but wait.

« Reply #5 on: 21 November, 2008, 02:17:10 pm »
That's a shrug my shoulders for me.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #6 on: 21 November, 2008, 06:05:49 pm »
Just remembered:

While cycling home last Friday evening I saw a cyclist using a mobile phone on an unlit bike on the pavement collide with a pedestrian  ::-)