Author Topic: ACONS XMAS FAT BURNER 80km ride Wednesday 27th December from Ruislip, London  (Read 1685 times)

ACONS XMAS FAT BURNER

A few of us from the ACONS Facebook group (Audax Club Odds n Sods) are meeting up at 9.30am on Wednesday 27th December for an 80km ride from Ruislip (White Bear Roundabout). A second group, including LWL supremo Liam F, will join us at Rickmansworth as we pass through (meeting at Café Nero in Ricky from about 9am for a coffee). All welcome, an informal ride for like minded cyclists.

Route can be downloaded from here:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26488956

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
If HomeAloneBoredom > CrapWeather , I might well try to join you.

Is a lunch/11ses stop planned? Or just a MTFU no-stop 80km?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Apologies for not responding MattC. We spent some time discussing this on the ACONS Facebook page as the weather forecast was bad, leading to it being cancelled. I probably should have looked on here but, sadly, my father died that morning which changed my focus a bit!
I suspect/hope that you took a look at the weather and didn't show, my sincere apologies if you did.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Condolences, H&P!

Thoughts are with you.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Apologies for not responding MattC. We spent some time discussing this on the ACONS Facebook page as the weather forecast was bad, leading to it being cancelled. I probably should have looked on here but, sadly, my father died that morning which changed my focus a bit!
I suspect/hope that you took a look at the weather and didn't show, my sincere apologies if you did.
No problem at all - Liam pointed me to your facebook page, so I was well aware of developments. You have to keep on your toes with the weather at this time of year!

Very sorry for your loss.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

I pleased to hear that you were aware! The whole story is explained here:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/goodwill-triumphs-over-adversity-rapha-claus-delivers-dave-morrison

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Matt and Helly.