Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 2999598 times)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
I've met surprisingly few forumites f2f
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

This arrived from The Ukraine a couple of days ago.
I delight.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
This

:thumbsup:

arrived from The Ukraine a couple of days ago.

FTFY
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
I delight.
<3 <3 <3
Getting there...

I am in the process of changing from liquid laundry detergent to powder - due to both benefit to machine and reduction in plastic.

What's the benefit to the machine?

Attempted fare dodgers caught on train.  YES!!!!!!!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Sqeezy soap dispensing rather than pump action. All my shower gel is such, and it cleans my hair as well.

Requires two functional hands.

Flip top with one hand, sqeeze into the other?

You haven't met Barakta, have you...?

Barakta has one hand that can be turned palm-upwards without dislocating a shoulder.  It's the same hand that's capable of squeezing things with a diameter of more than a toothpaste tube (albeit with about a third of normal strength), and indeed reaching all the way to the top of her head.

As such, pump dispensing bottles  - at least the ones that don't fall over when operated one-handed - are a massive win.

(To be fair, we have a re-purposed handwash dispenser which I re-fill from bottles with fully recyclable lids.)

This

:thumbsup:

arrived from The Ukraine a couple of days ago.

FTFY

Every day a school day.

Sqeezy soap dispensing rather than pump action. All my shower gel is such, and it cleans my hair as well.

Requires two functional hands.

Flip top with one hand, sqeeze into the other?

You haven't met Barakta, have you...?

Barakta has one hand that can be turned palm-upwards without dislocating a shoulder.  It's the same hand that's capable of squeezing things with a diameter of more than a toothpaste tube (albeit with about a third of normal strength), and indeed reaching all the way to the top of her head.

As such, pump dispensing bottles  - at least the ones that don't fall over when operated one-handed - are a massive win.

(To be fair, we have a re-purposed handwash dispenser which I re-fill from bottles with fully recyclable lids.)

Every day a school day.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
We gotta 'cage' which stops handwash gloop falling over as part of a gift set from M&S.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Our mains leccy supply was interrupted at precisely midday today.
We were sleeping as David frequently had been up for the cats overnight and then had to get up 'early' for an event that was cancelled because SNO.
This:
Restarted the bedside fax/answerphone.
Restarted David's computer.
Reset the cooker clock, which flashed  2.49 at 14.49.

David reckons somebody's stealing cables again.
I think the timing suggests a planned/automagic central reset.

Updated.
I delight.

nicknack

• Hornblower
Updated.
I delight.
<this video is unavailable>
There's no vibrations, but wait.

Updated.
I delight.

That's odd - I've just clicked on the link and it works here (in Safari) let me try other browsers.

Updated.
I delight.

That's odd - I've just clicked on the link and it works here (in Safari) let me try other browsers.

OK.
Not working in Firefox.
Not working in Chrome.
Let me fiddle......

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Put the violin down and sort out the video.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
I've got a set of tubes for doing just this but haven't got round to fettling it yet.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
I am in the process of changing from liquid laundry detergent to powder - due to both benefit to machine and reduction in plastic.

What's the benefit to the machine?

https://www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk/which-is-the-best-type-of-washing-machine-detergent/
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Put the violin down and sort out the video.
Youtube isn't playing ball for reasons which I cannot fathom.
I've tried uploading it to my Flickr account but my connection is slooooowwwww.
I'll put it onna stick and take it to work tomorrow, where the upload speed is considerably better.

I'll bet you cannot wait.....

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Not working for me. I r intrigued to see!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

Best approach to soap dispenser tops seems to be to have re-fills available with a simple plastic lid, that can be swapped for the dispenser from your previous one.

Indeed but I don't see many refill bottles being available for my online shopping.
Sainsbury's do stock them so I don't know why they're not available online. But a bottle with dispenser from Wilko's is cheaper than a refill from Saino's.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Best approach to soap dispenser tops seems to be to have re-fills available with a simple plastic lid, that can be swapped for the dispenser from your previous one.

Indeed but I don't see many refill bottles being available for my online shopping.
Sainsbury's do stock them so I don't know why they're not available online. But a bottle with dispenser from Wilko's is cheaper than a refill from Saino's.

What is available online is a function of what is stocked locally and varies, I believe.

What is available online is a function of what is stocked locally and varies, I believe.

Definitely. I sometimes do an order for us in the midlands and TGL in Sussex and what's available can vary between the 2.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Cudzoziemiec

Definitely. I sometimes do an order for us in the midlands and TGL in Sussex and what's available can vary between the 2.
Interesting. Do the prices also vary according to location? I'm pretty sure they do in physical stores.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
I don't know if there is variation between the fully-fledged supermarkets but the 'local' convenience type stores will charge more in general.