Author Topic: [HAMR] Just a thought but...  (Read 2017 times)

[HAMR] Just a thought but...
« on: 28 January, 2015, 09:18:51 pm »
As Steve's rides start to get longer in the spring, is the Garmin 'track length of doom' bug going to be an issue as per:
https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=69890.0

When I do longer rides, I tend to break the tracks into chunks of no more than about 350km and then join them together again afterwards, having been burned by this issue previously on my Edge 810.  I guess multiple tracks per day in Strava would be permissible?

This may well be a non-issue with Steve's hardware, but a quick google hasn't been conclusive.

Andy
'Accumulating kilometres in the roughest road conditions'...

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Re: Just a thought but...
« Reply #1 on: 28 January, 2015, 09:59:49 pm »
The Edge 1000 shouldn't suffer from the same problems that the 800 is famous for. That's not to say it doesn't have as yet undiscovered glitches of its own...
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

red marley

« Reply #2 on: 28 January, 2015, 10:06:39 pm »
And on the Strava front, IronOx has routinely been submitting more than one track per day, so I assume it would be OK to do so if necessary.

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #3 on: 28 January, 2015, 10:24:44 pm »
I recorded a 24hr TT last year on an Etrex 30 set to Auto (not per second) recording, and that track was fine. From pictures Steve has at least one of these.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #4 on: 28 January, 2015, 10:53:49 pm »
Not just allowed, but logically uploading multiple tracks should be required if you ever use motorised transport part way through the day. (Otherwise if you upload a single track, strava interpolates and includes the motorized part onto the total distance).

See also: riders in team RAAM attempts will  upload N tracks per day (for each turn) to avoid the motorized leap-frog sections appearing on strava.

« Reply #5 on: 29 January, 2015, 07:57:58 am »
Not just allowed, but logically uploading multiple tracks should be required if you ever use motorised transport part way through the day. (Otherwise if you upload a single track, strava interpolates and includes the motorized part onto the total distance).

See also: riders in team RAAM attempts will  upload N tracks per day (for each turn) to avoid the motorized leap-frog sections appearing on strava.

Kurt is missing a day for this week on Strava now, could that be the reason?

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #6 on: 29 January, 2015, 08:32:59 am »
Looks like it - the ride for 26th Jan (with the car transfer) has been flagged, presumably for that reason - https://app.strava.com/activities/246684107
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike