Author Topic: My Slightly pathetic claim to fame  (Read 1248 times)

Otto

• Biking Bad
My Slightly pathetic claim to fame
« on: 01 May, 2015, 04:48:39 pm »
Watch this vid, ay 2:30 a man with long blond hair a red shirt and a hat walks in to shot from the left of the screen.....  that's me that is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym4mWZYu3kw

Re: My Slightly pathetic claim to fame
« Reply #1 on: 01 May, 2015, 05:17:01 pm »
Formidable!
I loved the Dark Side of the Moon bits which followed. I think I spotted a VCS3 synthesizer on top of a grand piano.
'Where would rock n' roll be without feedback?'
I'd be hard pressed to match that - Although I was in the studio audience within arm's reach of the late Ollie Reed when he made his appearance on 'That Episode' of The Word, apparently totally pi§§ed.
To this day I am of the view that he was stone-cold sober and knew exactly what he was doing.
Does that count?  :D

Otto

• Biking Bad
« Reply #2 on: 01 May, 2015, 05:20:19 pm »
Formidable!
I loved the Dark Side of the Moon bits which followed. I think I spotted a VCS3 synthesizer on top of a grand piano.
'Where would rock n' roll be without feedback?'
I'd be hard pressed to match that - Although I was in the studio audience within arm's reach of the late Ollie Reed when he made his appearance on 'That Episode' of The Word, apparently totally pi§§ed.
To this day I am of the view that he was stone-cold sober and knew exactly what he was doing.
Does that count?  :D

Gosh I remeber the Olly Reed thing... Legend

I did meet George Martin While I was there, all he talked about was the Beatles ! I met Nick Mason as well  who was cool, even when I confessed to bending a bit on one of his Ferraris.. (thats another story )

sam

« Reply #3 on: 02 May, 2015, 06:29:36 pm »
Gotcha:

Mind if I play? Judge for yourself how pathetic these are, on a scale of groan to vicarious thrill.

– Had my snapshot of a slinky intruder discussed on gardener's question time. The question put to them: stoat or a weasel? It was decided weasel.

– Invited to go head-to-head with a self-described petrolhead on Five Live a number of years ago. This was a direct result of something I wrote for a newspaper about 'ipod cycling'. Thinking of Worf, I decided it was a good day to die. As far as I'm concerned, I did.

on the brushes with musical celebrity angle:
– Achieved 6 inches of separation from a thin man known for singing ballads. This is when I was working in a NYC bookshop in the late 80s/early 90s. "Do you know who that is?" a floor manager asked me, trying to keep it cool but failing. "Bob Dylan." I had to see for myself, so I went down the aisle. It was a tight fit and he was forced to push up against a stack of books to let me pass. Sure enough, it was the Bob. Can't say I dined on that particular story for weeks.

– Taught how to drive (well, how to pass the test) by the former wife of half of Wang Chung. Not particularly juicy details here.

and finally:
– I used to live a few doors down in the same apartment block as Martin Clunes. Thinking to use this proximity to the BAFTA award winning bad boy to best advantage, I asked if I could interview him for a cycling magazine. "I don't ride a bicycle," he said.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4 on: 02 May, 2015, 07:17:26 pm »
More fleeting but more significant than my appearance (white hairband) between 0.27 and 0.29 here then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjUFNlqBTvw

Otto

• Biking Bad
« Reply #5 on: 02 May, 2015, 07:54:48 pm »
Gotcha:

Mind if I play? Judge for yourself how pathetic these are, on a scale of groan to vicarious thrill.

– Had my snapshot of a slinky intruder discussed on gardener's question time. The question put to them: stoat or a weasel? It was decided weasel.

– Invited to go head-to-head with a self-described petrolhead on Five Live a number of years ago. This was a direct result of something I wrote for a newspaper about 'ipod cycling'. Thinking of Worf, I decided it was a good day to die. As far as I'm concerned, I did.

on the brushes with musical celebrity angle:
– Achieved 6 inches of separation from a thin man known for singing ballads. This is when I was working in a NYC bookshop in the late 80s/early 90s. "Do you know who that is?" a floor manager asked me, trying to keep it cool but failing. "Bob Dylan." I had to see for myself, so I went down the aisle. It was a tight fit and he was forced to push up against a stack of books to let me pass. Sure enough, it was the Bob. Can't say I dined on that particular story for weeks.

– Taught how to drive (well, how to pass the test) by the former wife of half of Wang Chung. Not particularly juicy details here.

and finally:
– I used to live a few doors down in the same apartment block as Martin Clunes. Thinking to use this proximity to the BAFTA award winning bad boy to best advantage, I asked if I could interview him for a cycling magazine. "I don't ride a bicycle," he said.
I think Bob trumps Nick Mason.... lol I'm framed ...wish I still had the hair