Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 428543 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #1025 on: 04 September, 2018, 06:10:08 pm »
Given that I’m something of a blob at the moment Is was very disappointed to see that losing weight only lowers my heart age by two year. So no real gains in losing weight then.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1026 on: 04 September, 2018, 06:17:16 pm »
I did it once with my real postcode and once pretending I lived in Clifton Village (the "posh" bit of Bristol) and both times it said my heart was as old as I am. Which is perhaps disappointing given the things I could tell it for certain were my postcode, age and height.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #1027 on: 04 September, 2018, 06:36:03 pm »
I don't know my current blood pressure or cholesterol level, so I put 'don't know' in for both of those.
I do know that the last time my blood pressure was checked the doctor said it was 'perfect' and that my cholesterol was very marginally high on one check about six years ago, but the last time it was checked it was OK. I just don't know the numbers.
So, putting 'don't know' for both those questions it gave me an age two years above my current one.
Taking the option to lower both, it brought my heart age down to my real age.

Has anyone managed to get a score lower than the calendar?
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #1028 on: 04 September, 2018, 06:40:10 pm »
I don't know my current blood pressure or cholesterol level, so I put 'don't know' in for both of those.
I do know that the last time my blood pressure was checked the doctor said it was 'perfect' and that my cholesterol was very marginally high on one check about six years ago, but the last time it was checked it was OK. I just don't know the numbers.
So, putting 'don't know' for both those questions it gave me an age two years above my current one.

Helly, a few posts ago.

« Reply #1029 on: 04 September, 2018, 06:42:39 pm »
Helly, a few posts ago.
Oh, yes. I did see that, but on the phone at work. Wonder what the secret is?
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1030 on: 04 September, 2018, 06:53:15 pm »

Me! As I posted upthread, it gave me an age of 55 and I'm 60.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #1031 on: 04 September, 2018, 06:58:10 pm »
Helly, a few posts ago.
The secret is Helly's healthy lifestyle. Either that or a new wonder pill she knows about, it's a secret not revealed to conventional medical science but which she is prepared to tell you about on receipt of appropriate payment.  :D

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1032 on: 04 September, 2018, 06:59:22 pm »
Helly, a few posts ago.

A very boring, blameless lifestyle and good genes.

I suspect, now I am 60, the algorithm might give me some credit for reaching this age without getting any of the obvious known risk factors.

I can tick all the right boxes.

I am fortunate in having forebears who last a long time and (don't drink, don't smoke - what do you do?) I'm not too blobby.

« Reply #1033 on: 04 September, 2018, 07:03:39 pm »
I just drained some pasta using my Trangia pasta draining disk. Didn’t hold it on tight enough so that’s half my dinner on the sandy floor  :(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #1034 on: 04 September, 2018, 07:49:31 pm »
Surely there should be something about activity and exercise? Those are prime indicators of cardiovascular health (as is socio-economic status). My resting heart rate is about 42, which is half the pace of many people, so I'll live twice as long (and double that because I shop at Waitrose). Fact. I base this on shrews. They have really fast heart rates and don't live very long. Probably. I've never seen an old shrew anyway. In Waitrose. Possibly they go to Lidl.

that was my conjecture as well, RHR of 45-50, bloody fit. Yes I'm diabetic, but T1, and BMI<22.  And no options for yes I smoke, but only the odd cigar now and then.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1035 on: 04 September, 2018, 09:45:40 pm »
It told me my bp was high - everyone has always told me it's been great before. I could have mis-remembered of course.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1036 on: 04 September, 2018, 11:55:47 pm »
It told me my bp was high - everyone has always told me it's been great before. I could have mis-remembered of course.

I think they've moved the goalposts and now recommend a blood pressure below 120mmHg systolic.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1037 on: 05 September, 2018, 04:32:42 am »
Yesterday I bought some cheese, because I like cheese.  This evening I thought I would eat some of the cheese I bought yesterday because, as previously noted, I like cheese.  But soft!  Where is the cheese?

Q: Is it in the fridge?
A: No.  No, it is not.
Q: Is it, then, hiding under the biscuits in that carrier bag I brought all the way from Mr Sainsbury's House Of Toothy Comestibles to exotic Canuckistan?
A: No.  No, it is not there either.

This leads me to conclude that the cheese, which I like, is in the other fridge.  In the room I vacated this morning.  In Smithers.  600 kilometres away.

Feck and, moreover, Arse!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

« Reply #1038 on: 05 September, 2018, 09:39:05 am »
Surely there should be something about activity and exercise? Those are prime indicators of cardiovascular health (as is socio-economic status). My resting heart rate is about 42, which is half the pace of many people, so I'll live twice as long (and double that because I shop at Waitrose). Fact. I base this on shrews. They have really fast heart rates and don't live very long. Probably. I've never seen an old shrew anyway. In Waitrose. Possibly they go to Lidl.

that was my conjecture as well, RHR of 45-50, bloody fit. Yes I'm diabetic, but T1, and BMI<22.  And no options for yes I smoke, but only the odd cigar now and then.

I couldn't get an heart age lower than my actual age, so cardiac youthfulness evaded me. I don't know my blood pressure (other than it was perfectly fine the last time the doctor tortured me) or cholesterol (never been tested), but pressing the buttons to lower my stats didn't un-age me. Basically, it told me I'm not a podge which I kind of kind of knew because I can still see my feet when I look down.

I sort of appreciate what tools like this are trying to do, but I think focus is misleading, there's a lot more that contributes to cardiovascular health and outcomes. Last time I was at the doctors, he was astounded that I swim every day.

I did see a shrew the other day. I didn't ask how old it was.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #1039 on: 05 September, 2018, 01:11:10 pm »
Mr. L. It might be an idea to let your previous abode know of your suspicions.

Especially if the room will be unoccupied for a while.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

ElyDave

« Reply #1040 on: 05 September, 2018, 08:27:37 pm »
I'm not doing well this week, attended minor injuries this lunchtime with a 1"/2,5cm/25mm (see gravel thread) gash along the top of my left index finger, requiring superglue and  butterfly closure.  Now with a dressing on and a mass of tubigrip to stop me bending it too much I'm realising how much the index finger is used.  Showering, typing, driving, etc. 

Outer dressing needs to stay on till friday, which may mean the use of lobster mitts for my ride as that's the only things that'll fit

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1041 on: 05 September, 2018, 08:39:08 pm »
I just opened my church choir music bag to run practice, and found the bottle of milk I brought home after the coffee morning on Sunday. At least the bottle was still sealed!
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1042 on: 05 September, 2018, 08:40:52 pm »
I'm not doing well this week, attended minor injuries this lunchtime with a 1"/2,5cm/25mm (see gravel thread) gash along the top of my left index finger, requiring superglue and  butterfly closure.  Now with a dressing on and a mass of tubigrip to stop me bending it too much I'm realising how much the index finger is used.  Showering, typing, driving, etc. 

Outer dressing needs to stay on till friday, which may mean the use of lobster mitts for my ride as that's the only things that'll fit
You can’t make posts of an ambiguous nature like this on this thread. We need details of your FDness. What do you think this is? FarceBrook??

;D
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1043 on: 06 September, 2018, 06:11:57 am »
Mr. L. It might be an idea to let your previous abode know of your suspicions.

Especially if the room will be unoccupied for a while.

That would require me to have a working telephone.  Ironically, the only place on the trip so far, other than Calgary airport, where it has actually connected to a network was in the cheese-afflicted motel.  But I would imagine the staff would check the fridge when they go in to do bed linen, towels and so forth.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #1044 on: 06 September, 2018, 06:38:42 pm »
I turned onto the a4 cycleway in slough this evening and clipped the kerb with the non driveside wheel tipping the ez3 onto it's side. As I lay on the pavement gathering my wits I felt a right Pollack.no harm done except to my pride  ::-)
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #1045 on: 06 September, 2018, 06:50:59 pm »
As long as you are not too battered...
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #1046 on: 06 September, 2018, 07:18:04 pm »
Eel be fine.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

ElyDave

« Reply #1047 on: 06 September, 2018, 08:03:43 pm »
how embarrased? On a scale of 1-10?

ElyDave

« Reply #1048 on: 06 September, 2018, 09:03:58 pm »

You can’t make posts of an ambiguous nature like this on this thread. We need details of your FDness. What do you think this is? FarceBrook??

;D

sharp thing, concentration fail, finger, ouch, red, minor injuries

« Reply #1049 on: 07 September, 2018, 07:56:37 am »
how embarrased? On a scale of 1-10?
12  ;)
the slower you go the more you see