Author Topic: Garmin Connect and device recognition  (Read 1448 times)

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
Garmin Connect and device recognition
« on: 24 November, 2013, 02:58:11 pm »
Hi,

I have just replaced my old eTrex HCx with a 30. I have regested it with Garmin and all that stuff. When I load a track it says the device is unknown. I set the elevation corrections to disable and the elevation gain figure changed - but did not match the Garmin. The garmin says 811m and the web site 1080m. I made sure that elevation correction was disabled.

1. How can I get the web site to recognise my device?
2. Why does the elevation not match?

Thanks in advance.

BB
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
Re: Garmin Connect and device recognition
« Reply #1 on: 24 November, 2013, 07:10:08 pm »
In Garmin Connect, Device Recognition is done by a browser plug-in at your end, called Garmin Communicator.
Make sure you have the most recent version of the Garmin Communicator plugin, and are using a supported browser:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3607

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
Re: Garmin Connect and device recognition
« Reply #2 on: 24 November, 2013, 10:04:41 pm »
I have windows 8.1 the latest version of Garmin communicator and a current account with my device registered.

I am sort of losing the will to live with this issue. I never got it resolved with Garmin support for my HCx and just think that it does not work correctly.

Can anyone confirm that they have a Garmin 30 registered that they can send me a link where the elevation agrees with the device?

BB
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.