Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1752381 times)

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #4650 on: 29 November, 2013, 03:28:50 pm »
Nearly there!
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #4651 on: 29 November, 2013, 03:37:55 pm »
^^^  That would make a fantastic tattoo!

And ... No!  I'm  not going through that again, one is enough.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4652 on: 02 December, 2013, 11:15:02 am »
Wednesday evening was discussed yesterday. 

Tomsk is at book club, Oaky is celebrating the end of abstinence with colleagues in London so Huggy and I were contemplating setting off from Witham at 6pm and seeing how his new bike handles TMNH.  Then we were thinking about adjourning to The Indian Ocean (Witham curry house, not the wet bit to the right of Africa) as they have a £10 deal on Wednesday nights.  Our WAGs are also considering joining us for the eating and drinking bit.  We are planning on getting to curry house by about 8:30.

How does that sound to others?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4653 on: 02 December, 2013, 01:54:09 pm »
Proposed route for Wednesday evening especially decided to fit in the available time frame yet still give Huggy's new steed an introduction to it's new home area CLICKY.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #4654 on: 02 December, 2013, 01:59:54 pm »
Proposed route for Wednesday evening especially decided to fit in the available time frame yet still give Huggy's new steed an introduction to it's new home area CLICKY.
That's not exactly a fair orientation route is it? The poor young steed will be dizzy and totally confused by the time he's put to bed Wednesday night  ::-)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4655 on: 02 December, 2013, 02:11:06 pm »
 :thumbsup:

« Reply #4656 on: 04 December, 2013, 08:24:23 am »
Not for me tonight. I'm going to  a Christdingle service with the Brownies. Enjoy the curry.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #4657 on: 04 December, 2013, 09:08:06 am »
.....adjourning to The Indian Ocean (Witham curry house, not the wet bit to the right of Africa) as they have a £10 deal on Wednesday nights.  Our WAGs are also considering joining us for the eating and drinking bit.  We are planning on getting to curry house by about 8:30.
This visit will also serve as a reconnaissance run for a post New Year blues MEMWNS curry night, also discussed last week as something to look forward to.  If the advance planning can be excused the 29th January seems suitably placed in the calendar.
More info closer to the time.....

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #4658 on: 04 December, 2013, 04:01:47 pm »
Last call for your MEMWNS of the Year trophy award nominations - make sure it's not you and nominate someone else!  :D

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4659 on: 05 December, 2013, 08:45:56 am »
Well as a late comer last night I thought I'd walked in to the wrong pub. There was none of the usual hi jinx or jovial banter, just the bar man, a couple of locals and four miserable looking blokes sat in the corner nursing various soft drinks.
Turns out the miserable blokes were in fact OD, Oaky, Tomsk and Huggy, all on a month of temperance. Tomato juice and lime and soda all round then.....
I've been on the wagon for months but these guys are suffering from severe withdrawal after four weeks of abstinence. Roll on 1st December when normal service is resumed.

Last night couldn't have been more different from the previous week's misery fest.  An epic time was had by all.  Well done to the one WAG that did grace us with her pressence  :-*

« Reply #4660 on: 05 December, 2013, 10:35:45 am »
Glad a good time was had by all. How was the curry? And more importantly Huggy how was the Salsa?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #4661 on: 05 December, 2013, 11:21:04 am »
Curry was brilliant - starter, main, side dish, rice or nan from any on the menu, all for £9.95  :thumbsup:

Salsa is my new best friend (sorry OD), very happy with the ride and feels easier to ride than my up to now trusty audax Milano machine.  Itching to go do a 200k audax to see how it really feels, guess I've got a couple of months wait for that opportunity though.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4662 on: 05 December, 2013, 11:24:23 am »
Your new bike needs a name ...

Sally the Salsa, or

Vivian the Vaya?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #4663 on: 05 December, 2013, 11:26:19 am »
Your new bike needs a name ...

Sally the Salsa, or

Vivian the Vaya?
I was having those sort of thoughts on the ride last night, for some reason the name Victor came in my head, don't know why  :-\

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4664 on: 05 December, 2013, 11:29:06 am »
Victor the Vaya has a good ring to it. GK's can do decals for you.

« Reply #4665 on: 05 December, 2013, 11:36:13 am »
Itching to go do a 200k audax to see how it really feels, guess I've got a couple of months wait for that opportunity though.

Why wait? There's always an excuse to start a RRTY.

This naming things that OD has a habit of.....hmmmm.  :hand:
My bikes are either buddy, baby or bastard, depending on the ride I'm having.

« Reply #4666 on: 05 December, 2013, 11:40:15 am »
Just had a quick Google on the Vaya. Looks very nice. Just the kind of steed I'd go for in fact. Are you riding it (or him or her?) on Saturday?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #4667 on: 05 December, 2013, 01:41:39 pm »
I'm not riding my Vaya (Vicky Vaya??) on Saturday due to extra faffage required to fit a different rack for the camping load required, also I know how stable I'll be on my Crosstrail fully loaded and Christmas blinged up.
My build uses the 2013 Vaya 2 frame & fork in vanilla with blue decals but with budget custom components attaced to it:
Bontrager Race VR-C bars & cork bar tape, Race Lite 17 degree stem, SSR seatpost, Race Lite blue bottle cages
Tektro Lyra cable operated disc brakes
Shimano Sora groupset, crank 50-39-30, cassette 11-32
Shimano RX-05 wheelset
Shimano M-530 SPD pedals
Continental 700x32c Gatorskin tyres
SKS Longboard mudguards
Brooks B17 Imperial saddle (2nd bum from OD)
Tortec Velocity rear rack
Weighs in at 13.6kg before being loaded up with Audax kit. (Photo may follow when I'm not in the office and can get to Photobucket.)

I thought I'd progress on from The Flatlands in September to begin an RRTY, failed in October  :facepalm:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4668 on: 09 December, 2013, 06:46:12 pm »
Who is available this Wednesday evening and where shall we go?

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4669 on: 09 December, 2013, 08:02:48 pm »
Probably  :thumbsup:

Braintree - we've not been banned from any pubs there ;D  I'm up for a big miles loop, as per the recent Feering ride....

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4670 on: 09 December, 2013, 08:40:24 pm »
Probably  :thumbsup:

Braintree - we've not been banned from any pubs there ;D  I'm up for a big miles loop, as per the recent Feering ride....

Chequers, Goldhanger?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4671 on: 10 December, 2013, 05:25:53 pm »
Damn, I've just checked the oracle and I have to attend the Dunmow Art Group AGM and Christmas drinks on Wednesday - that'll probably keep me busy from 20:00 to about 21:30. A Tomsk friendly venue might work [Axe & Compasses, Leather Bottle etc], but otherwise, I'm out...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4672 on: 10 December, 2013, 06:38:32 pm »
Phew, I have decided I can't be arsed to go out tomorrow night. Way too cold, I know I'm a wimp.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4673 on: 17 December, 2013, 09:18:19 pm »
The forecast for tomorrow evening isn't great, however I'm prepared to MTFU and  break out the Goretex in the cause of beer...better be somewhere wimpy and near though  ;)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4674 on: 18 December, 2013, 06:27:45 am »
Sorry chap, I won't be back in time this evening. I could be tempted next Wednesday evening, I can't imagine I will have anything better to do  ::-)