Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1752047 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #9575 on: 26 July, 2016, 02:40:43 pm »
Ah, I must have missed that post.  Been away mixing it with Johnny Foreigner you see.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #9576 on: 26 July, 2016, 04:13:14 pm »
Ah, I must have missed that post.  Been away mixing it with Johnny Foreigner you see.

Ah yes - MEMWNS also went to FORRIN last week. 
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9577 on: 26 July, 2016, 04:39:47 pm »

Ah yes - MEMWNS also went to FORRIN last week.

::-)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #9578 on: 26 July, 2016, 07:33:36 pm »
I think I could manage a rendezvous with the Peloton at the Spiritual Home of MEMWNS for mid-ride refreshment. I may be towing Soupy, who has recently shown renewed interest in beer and cycling...this might get expensive.  ::-)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #9579 on: 26 July, 2016, 08:09:19 pm »
I'll be direct, saving legs for Friday's adventure......
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #9580 on: 27 July, 2016, 08:17:48 am »
Three questions:

1. Does the Spiritual Home of MEMWNS = Littley Green?
2. What time is the rendez-vous at Littley Green, 8pm?
3. What time at the A&C, 8:30pm?

I'll aim to be at the Littley Green meet-up.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9581 on: 27 July, 2016, 08:36:19 am »
Three questions:

1. Yes, The Compasses, LG
2. Between 8 and 8:30 I'd say
3. Most likely after 9pm

Be good to see you again!

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #9582 on: 27 July, 2016, 10:26:39 am »
The team car driver and I will possibly be dinning in advance of the peloton arriving, so see you all there!  :-*
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #9583 on: 27 July, 2016, 10:52:49 am »

Psyclist, I think you may have mistaken our athletic appearances for people who can cycle quickly.  An hour to the A&C with a stop for an energy drink at the spiritual home  :o

The team car driver and I will possibly be dinning in advance of the peloton arriving, so see you all there!  :-*

When did the team car and dinner with WAG become a thing ?  Did I miss a memo ?
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #9584 on: 27 July, 2016, 11:13:58 am »

When did the team car and dinner with WAG become a thing ?  Did I miss a memo ?
Last week at the Anchor apparently  ::-)
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #9585 on: 27 July, 2016, 11:23:09 am »
I'm out with Mini Tippers again tonight (training for the 50k audax is in full swing) so I won't be out with you lot. I may try and cram in  pub stop though!

Also....forward planning I know but, I am planning on finally sorting out the man cave during my 2 week holiday at home so there might be a Garage Visit on a Wednesday night in the later half of August.

Nik

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #9586 on: 27 July, 2016, 11:25:34 am »
I'm out with Mini Tippers again tonight (training for the 50k audax is in full swing)

Which 50 are you targeting?

« Reply #9587 on: 27 July, 2016, 12:31:39 pm »
Psyclist, I think you may have mistaken our athletic appearances for people who can cycle quickly.  An hour to the A&C with a stop for an energy drink at the spiritual home  :o

When I looked at the route, I read the distances as kilometers. Realise now they were in that historical measurement of distance. Given that anybody who has been through schooling in this country since 1971 would have used only metric measurements, it's quite amazing that the imperial system is still so prevalent (a general comment, not aimed at the route-master).

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #9588 on: 27 July, 2016, 12:47:10 pm »
I just assumed you'd graduated from ODSATE (The Oscar's Dad School of Arrival Time Estimation).

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #9589 on: 27 July, 2016, 01:26:42 pm »
One more call for the Velodrome trip a week from today, if you're at all interested then please let me know asap.

Ok, so here's the thing...I've received the invoice for the Velodrome trip on the 3rd Aug and I've been invoiced for 2 instructors although I only requested one on the booking form.  Now this means that I either need to have a discussion with them about taking off the 2nd instructor or have 20+ places sold to make it worthwhile keeping the 2nd.  So far I have 12 confirmed reservations and not all of the usual suspects OTP have expressed an interest.
I have OD, Oaky, bobb, Warrior Princess, Secret Squirrel Gavin, DL & friends, some from WC, and mini Huggy.  There will be a mix of abilities in a group of 15 or two groups of another number so don't be afraid to come along, experienced or not :)

Heads up chaps and chapesses,
Open the spoiler link for details of a Velodrome session on Wednesday 3rd August from 8pm, get in quick if you're interested this time because I am going to cap the maximum number of riders to 15 unless I get lots of interest very quickly to make it worthwhile booking a 2nd instructor, if that is even possible with the lead time.

(click to show/hide)
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9590 on: 27 July, 2016, 02:06:31 pm »

Question for the Disaplinary Committee ...

Is having your WAG drive you to the target pub under the shabby pretext of having dinner and then having her drive you home as big a sin as getting the train home?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9591 on: 27 July, 2016, 02:08:38 pm »

When I looked at the route, I read the distances as kilometers. Realise now they were in that historical measurement of distance. Given that anybody who has been through schooling in this country since 1971 would have used only metric measurements, it's quite amazing that the imperial system is still so prevalent (a general comment, not aimed at the route-master).

Until the road signs are in Km I will continue to use miles!!!

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #9592 on: 27 July, 2016, 03:09:03 pm »

Is having your WAG drive you to the target pub under the shabby pretext of having dinner and then having her drive you home as big a sin as getting the train home?

To clarify, I shall be arriving on bike - the logistics of the team car driver making it there and back necessitate her being at the wheel of the team car!
Regards,

Joergen

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #9593 on: 27 July, 2016, 03:12:42 pm »

Not at all OD all good professional outfits have support vehicles and how handy would it have been the fateful night the Hustler suffered his major mechanical......

On the toss side I know of no team that has train support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #9594 on: 27 July, 2016, 03:20:07 pm »

Not at all OD all good professional outfits have support vehicles and how handy would it have been the fateful night the Hustler suffered his major mechanical......

Nonsense!  All of the sprinters arrive at the finish by train.  I heard it on the commentary!

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #9595 on: 27 July, 2016, 03:22:38 pm »

Nonsense!  All of the sprinters arrive at the finish by train.  I heard it on the commentary!

If that's the case it's certainly not by Greater Angrier as they would never win...... trainmanbri would vouch for that

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #9596 on: 27 July, 2016, 03:26:39 pm »

If that's the case it's certainly not by Greater Angrier as they would never win...... trainmanbri would vouch for that

I heard that the Greater Angrier sprint train was overtaken by Chris Froome...

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #9597 on: 27 July, 2016, 03:40:19 pm »
I'm out with Mini Tippers again tonight (training for the 50k audax is in full swing)

Which 50 are you targeting?
It will be a DIY from home. Little Tippers is slightly concerned at the minimum speed/time limit thing although I am working on reassuring her it is not an issue. Our ~20km the other night was completed at 13.6 km/h over all and the minimum for the 50 will be 10. I reckon with a bit of work we can hit the 15 km/h mark.

The initial idea was a train to Harwich and then back but I am also considering a mandatory route closer to home.....potentially finishing at the Compasses and then seeing if we need a team car home.

« Reply #9598 on: 27 July, 2016, 07:32:45 pm »
Hello, how are you all?  is there a plan for this coming Wednesday evening?
Sorry chaps, on kid detail tonight. Have a good one!

« Reply #9599 on: 03 August, 2016, 11:58:26 am »
Three questions:

1. Yes, The Compasses, LG
2. Between 8 and 8:30 I'd say.... like OD is known for his timing on route planning
3. Most likely after 9pm

Be good to see you again!