Author Topic: A nice big breakfast  (Read 6629 times)

Pete

Re: A nice big breakfast
« Reply #25 on: 21 July, 2008, 12:28:32 pm »
Funny, isn't it, how for some of us the prospect of a fry-up breakfast carries no appeal whatsoever: indeed the sight of one makes me slightly queasy.  Grapefruit, avocado, toast and tea for me! (sometimes muesli).

Indeed, when we were at a B&B recently, the hostess offered a vegetarian Full-English (this was actually in Scotland, but I guess Scots do Full English).  I said no, but someone at another table ordered one.  It looked exactly the same as a normal English, but minus the bacon and B/P - it had sausages which were presumably veggie type.  Not what I'd  fancy at breakfast: each to his own I suppose.

« Reply #26 on: 21 July, 2008, 12:46:14 pm »
Most days there is no way I could face a full English but when camping or a late Sunday breakfast in a nice hotel then nom nom nom.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #27 on: 21 July, 2008, 12:49:04 pm »
Funny, isn't it, how for some of us the prospect of a fry-up breakfast carries no appeal whatsoever: indeed the sight of one makes me slightly queasy.  Grapefruit, avocado, toast and tea for me! (sometimes muesli).

Indeed, when we were at a B&B recently, the hostess offered a vegetarian Full-English (this was actually in Scotland, but I guess Scots do Full English).  I said no, but someone at another table ordered one.  It looked exactly the same as a normal English, but minus the bacon and B/P - it had sausages which were presumably veggie type.  Not what I'd  fancy at breakfast: each to his own I suppose.

The greasy-spoon near my old house offers a vegan full English:

Bubble & squeak
Veggie sausages (sausage shaped bubble&squeak with more veg, crumbed and fried)
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Hash browns
Fried slice
Beans
Chips
(optional) Toast & vegan spread

Veggie full English the same, plus eggs.

Opting out of meat doesn't necessarily mean healthy.  :D

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #28 on: 21 July, 2008, 01:00:26 pm »
^^^ Pogo?

I am now stuffed, infact I struggled to finish it :( Vicky sweetheart, that breakkie cheered me up no end :) PB, you're on!
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #29 on: 21 July, 2008, 01:01:30 pm »
Vicky sweetheart, that breakkie cheered me up no end :)
::-) there are other ways we could have cheered you up, Sammy  ;)

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #30 on: 21 July, 2008, 01:02:21 pm »
No, Daisy's, but Pogo's even better for vegans (Daisy's was better hungover-staggering-distance).

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: 21 July, 2008, 01:05:11 pm »
Not what I'd  fancy at breakfast: each to his own I suppose.

Absolutely.  I'm a time-served, lentil-eating veggie and I think there's nothing quite as glorious as a Full House, gutbuster of a fry-up the morning after some heroic event or other.

Mind you, after two in a row, the prospect of another slippery-egg breakfast on the third morning of Hummers' lads' and lasses' team drinking weekend in Wales left me a little cold...
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #32 on: 21 July, 2008, 01:06:56 pm »
Vicky sweetheart, that breakkie cheered me up no end :)
::-) there are other ways we could have cheered you up, Sammy  ;)

Yes but you're with Henrik now my love
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #33 on: 21 July, 2008, 01:18:19 pm »
Well she did say "we" and not "I"  ;)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #34 on: 21 July, 2008, 01:25:33 pm »
Oooh is it too late for lunch?

Support Equilibrium

Jasper the surreal cyclist

• Modern life is complicated stuff....
« Reply #35 on: 21 July, 2008, 02:45:15 pm »
It is never too late for lunch.....
Who only by moving can balance, only by balancing move....

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #36 on: 21 July, 2008, 03:18:21 pm »
I've got a large handful of fat I'm trying to get rid off, unsuccessfully so far it seems.

I was getting one of those, so I cut out the bread at lunchtime and reduced the savoury and sweet intake. That, and a few 600s, seems to have done the trick.

Do you still have 'The Thin Man' T-shirt?

« Reply #37 on: 21 July, 2008, 03:21:35 pm »

Do you still have 'The Thin Man' T-shirt?

I do. Though it is designed for someone twice my width.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #38 on: 21 June, 2012, 08:41:31 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18490459

A reflection of the rise in popularity of super-sizing food, Jester's diner in Great Yarmouth serves a breakfast that includes 8 eggs, 12 rashers of bacon, 12 sausages, potatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, black pudding, beans and 12 slices of bread.

It is called the "Challenge Kidz Breakfast" because it weighs the same as a small child, around 9lbs.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #39 on: 21 June, 2012, 01:43:39 pm »
*makes note for future audax visits*

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #40 on: 21 June, 2012, 03:33:15 pm »

A reflection of the rise in popularity of super-sizing food, Jester's diner in Great Yarmouth serves a breakfast that includes 8 eggs, 12 rashers of bacon, 12 sausages, potatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, black pudding, beans and 12 slices of bread.

It is called the "Challenge Kidz Breakfast" because it weighs the same as a small child, around 9lbs.

Teethgrinder special?

Support Equilibrium

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #41 on: 21 June, 2012, 04:31:09 pm »

I wonder if you can get a refill  ???

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #42 on: 21 June, 2012, 05:24:05 pm »
I don't think anyone here could eat a quarter of this in a single sitting.Most people get full up and stop at some stage, even if they've eaten a bit too much. The meal does appear good VFM.
Might be a handy place to end a FNRTTC. Order a Kidz Breakfast and request a few extra plates...