Author Topic: I could have wussed out today, but...  (Read 1099 times)

Wonky

• Not exactly straight or narrow
I could have wussed out today, but...
« on: 26 November, 2012, 08:46:28 pm »
.. My car is broken, and my financial advisor (Mrs Wonky) has advised (Told) me that I'm not allowed to take it to the garage until after payday.

Phil W

Re: I could have wussed out today, but...
« Reply #1 on: 27 November, 2012, 12:18:37 pm »
I'd regret not riding to work within 5 mins fo setting off in the car.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2 on: 27 November, 2012, 12:22:09 pm »
I have no car, and I regret not riding to work before I get to the train station (which is in the next street).  The trip to work is spent in an escalating state of regret.
Getting there...

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
« Reply #3 on: 27 November, 2012, 01:46:06 pm »
.... I just got on with it.

Damp legs, but thankfully they are not made of papier mâché.
Doubt is is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #4 on: 28 November, 2012, 09:39:06 pm »

There was no bus service.
The roads were closed.
The head said that if it was too difficult to get there, not to worry - although they did _think_ they'd be open.

But a bunch of small people were expecting a lesson on animation, which wouldn't happen without me being there.

Sustrans-ing it, the long way, was the _sensible_ alternative.  Which meant that it took so long to get there and back (plus we overran the lesson because we were having fun) that instead of finishing work around 6 it was after 8, even without stopping for lunch, or indeed breakfast.

Mind, we got the lyrics and storyboarding all done.  And I reckon that it wasn't a bad lesson at all.

Phil W

« Reply #5 on: 29 November, 2012, 10:44:50 pm »
I turned the alarm off and went ack under the covers because I was tired. 30 secs later I got out with a " just get up" thought. Got the bike out and despite initial tiredness felt great once riding in the -1c temps and sunshine...