Author Topic: First-World Problems.  (Read 333581 times)

Re: First-World Problems.
« Reply #1875 on: 31 October, 2018, 06:57:50 am »
The last toilet-roll of our current pack was slightly squashed so that the centre is now elliptical, and it goes bump-bump-bump on the holder rather than unreeling in an orderly manner. Annoying.  Between this and Jair Bolsonaro, I don't know what the world is coming to.

Yeah man, spare a though for us Brexit chumps who are going to have to start using dock leaves in the first week of April...

Look on the bright side.

After Brexit we can go back to using Izal Medicated.

(which, by the way has reminded me of when my cousin hosted a French exchange pupil for his 14 year old daughter. The poor French boy was petrified and said nothing all week. His misery was compounded by falling ill with tonsilitis mid-week.  He was taken to the doctor, given a prescription, which my cousin duly purchased. However the boy refused to take the pills. In fact the only thing he accepted was a foil pack of Strepsils.

The following day my cousin found one floating in the toilet.

The French, eh.  ::-)  )

As you were.

« Reply #1876 on: 31 October, 2018, 09:53:53 am »
The last toilet-roll of our current pack was slightly squashed so that the centre is now elliptical, and it goes bump-bump-bump on the holder rather than unreeling in an orderly manner. Annoying.  Between this and Jair Bolsonaro, I don't know what the world is coming to.

Yeah man, spare a though for us Brexit chumps who are going to have to start using dock leaves in the first week of April...

Look on the bright side.

Bring back Bronco   ;D :thumbsup:
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1877 on: 31 October, 2018, 10:29:10 am »
Tearing across the Texas plain along the dotted line.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #1878 on: 31 October, 2018, 12:00:03 pm »

Look on the bright side.

Bring back Bronco   ;D :thumbsup:

http://viz.co.uk/2014/11/13/badgers-arse-industrial-toilet-paper/  :demon: ;)
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1879 on: 31 October, 2018, 12:54:17 pm »
HOSPITAL PROPERTY

NOW WASH YOUR HANDS PLEASE

I always wondered if they wanted it returned after use...

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1880 on: 16 December, 2018, 04:35:32 pm »
I finished the last of the chocolate dipped cherries in kirsch I brought back from the most excellent chocolatier in Bruges at the end of August.
Sad now.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #1881 on: 06 January, 2019, 10:57:48 pm »
My bag of Liquorice Allsorts had an inordinate number of coconut wheels
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1882 on: 12 January, 2019, 08:19:24 pm »
I have chips, but I am out of catsoup catsup ketchup.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1883 on: 12 January, 2019, 10:03:57 pm »
That should improve matters no end them. Nasty stuff, ketchup.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1884 on: 13 January, 2019, 09:12:21 am »
That should improve matters no end them. Nasty stuff, ketchup.

Ketchup is fine in small quantities (IMHO) - a bit on the side to dip the chips in, never drown them in the stuff.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1885 on: 13 January, 2019, 08:40:14 pm »
My new watch strap is chunky and manly. And rubs something shocking.  :(
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #1886 on: 13 January, 2019, 08:46:13 pm »
That's simple. Just take it off your something shocking.
It is simpler than it looks.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1887 on: 13 January, 2019, 08:49:44 pm »
;D ;D

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1888 on: 13 January, 2019, 08:57:20 pm »
well you’re a bright spark aren’t you. 😏

« Reply #1889 on: 15 January, 2019, 08:09:07 am »
The last toilet-roll of our current pack was slightly squashed so that the centre is now elliptical, and it goes bump-bump-bump

Over here in USAnia, Amazon will deliver jumbo-sized packages of said product.  Someone determined that squashing the rolls to make them more nearly rectangular allowed use of a smaller shipping box.  Every roll goes bump-bump-bump.  Mrs. Moleman76 does not like the effect - reminds her of 'controlled release' dispensers from days of yore.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1890 on: 15 January, 2019, 08:12:45 am »
The last toilet-roll of our current pack was slightly squashed so that the centre is now elliptical, and it goes bump-bump-bump

Over here in USAnia, Amazon will deliver jumbo-sized packages of said product.  Someone determined that squashing the rolls to make them more nearly rectangular allowed use of a smaller shipping box.  Every roll goes bump-bump-bump.  Mrs. Moleman76 does not like the effect - reminds her of 'controlled release' dispensers from days of yore.
possibly a philosophical question, but can you have a rectangular ‘roll’?

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1891 on: 15 January, 2019, 08:28:17 am »

Only if there is nobody to see it.

Or something like that ;D

Actually in the "Steepest Street" thread there was a link that mentioned ho bricks would roll down the slope so there may be something in it

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1892 on: 15 January, 2019, 09:21:52 am »

Or would that be a bun? Maybe a bap?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #1893 on: 15 January, 2019, 09:48:58 am »
Will the booze cruise be replaced by the Loos cruise I wonder?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #1894 on: 15 January, 2019, 05:01:45 pm »

I sometimes unpack and flatten loo rolls so that they will take up less room in the rucksack. They're to recircularise to only slightly out of kilter before use.
Note: this does not work with loaves, so cheese would have to be re-shaped to fit the bread.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

« Reply #1895 on: 15 January, 2019, 05:26:21 pm »
You can buy loo rolls without the cardboard centres for camping and the like.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #1896 on: 15 January, 2019, 08:30:37 pm »
The ones we have ar work are like that, they get pushed onto a 10mm spindle.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1897 on: 15 January, 2019, 08:38:04 pm »
You can buy loo rolls without the cardboard centres for camping and the like.

Or you can push the cardboard centre out of a normal one when the bathroom's sufficiently humid.

ian

« Reply #1898 on: 15 January, 2019, 08:48:44 pm »
My mum is phobic about toilet roll tubes and makes a urgh-urgh about-to-vomit noise if you wave one at her. The same for kitchen roll. Childhood pastimes remembered.

« Reply #1899 on: 15 January, 2019, 11:31:58 pm »
I found pre-flattened toilet rolls in an Italian supermarket.