Author Topic: French rides for you (BRM in Grenoble)  (Read 1425 times)

French rides for you (BRM in Grenoble)
« on: 22 February, 2012, 12:57:58 pm »
Hello !

I am pleased to announce you the BRM i will organize in Grenoble this year
See the full planning on : http://jeanpba.homeip.net/?page=103&onglet=1#brm2012

the 200k is planned for March 11th
the 300k around Vercors will be held on March 25th
the 400k around Lyon will be held on May 12th
the 600k will he held on May 26th

and there is MGM 2012: a 300k in Grenoble passing by Col de la Madeleine, Col du Glandon and Col d'Ornon with 4900 meters of positive climb on June 23rd and July 21st. MGM means Madeleine Glandon Matheysine and it is different from Madrid Gigon Madrid !! Matheysine is the name of the area you will cross after Col d'Ornon
See the map on :
http://jeanpba.homeip.net/?page=103&onglet=1#brm2012_300kmgm

All these rides are BRM and will be homologated by Audax club Parisien. They might be useful for you if you are in vacation here and want to ride in France and if you planned to do a 1200k where brevets are mandatory

I strongly recommend MGM 2012 (300k) if you want to train for french cyclosportif events. The Marmotte and Etape du Tour will be two weeks after

Happy cycling and perhaps nice to see you register for these brevets !

Jean-Philippe Battu
Grenoble
http://jeanpba.homeip.net

Re: French rides for you (BRM in Grenoble)
« Reply #1 on: 22 February, 2012, 01:34:34 pm »
Hi J-P,

You've put your 400 and 600 on the same dates as my 300 and 600. How did we manage to clash like that?

July sounds tempting.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: 22 February, 2012, 01:45:05 pm »
The 300 in July looks stunning. The perfect step-up from riding the Marmotte route. If I wasn't busy in July :(

(I've checked the routesheet, and see no reason why Brits should bother riding up the Col D'Ornon ;) )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #3 on: 22 February, 2012, 01:59:30 pm »
Hi J-P,

You've put your 400 and 600 on the same dates as my 300 and 600. How did we manage to clash like that?

July sounds tempting.

Hello Ian
Sorry for my dates ! I chose them following french elections, french vacations, french cyclosportives events and i forget your planning. However, you may ride your 600k in Grenoble and your 400k here and I England to replace your 300k !
See you in Grenoble !
Cheers
jean-philippe

« Reply #4 on: 22 February, 2012, 02:03:44 pm »
The 300 in July looks stunning. The perfect step-up from riding the Marmotte route. If I wasn't busy in July :(

(I've checked the routesheet, and see no reason why Brits should bother riding up the Col D'Ornon ;) )

Hello Mattc
I rode Col du Glandon in this way many times and at each time, the temptation is to take on the right at Rochetaillee to return to Grenoble . Take on the left towards Bourg d'Oisans and then right to La Mure is not easy. But once Col d'Ornon is finished, the ride is still enjoyable !

This is also a challenge for me !!! because I rode many times Madeleine+Glandon or Glandon+Ornon but I have never ever had the opportunity to do the three cols on the same day ! I am waiting the cols to open to do that !

Best regards
jean-philippe

« Reply #5 on: 05 January, 2015, 12:17:49 pm »
Hello

if you are interesting in riding in France for PBP qualification, note that i updated
my web site with the full program of the 11 BRM organized in Grenoble

http://jeanpba.homeip.net/?page=134&fryacf&onglet=1

the first 200k is on February 22nd
and i will be happy to welcome you in these brevets

After PBP, there are also a 200k in september and a 400k in october !
happy cycling and take care

Jean-Philippe Battu
jeanpba@free.fr

« Reply #6 on: 05 January, 2015, 04:47:04 pm »
Hi,

I am looking forward to ride the 200k on February.

Loved the 300k last march: See my pictures here.

Cheers
Andreas