Author Topic: Your Most Hated Piece of Hardware  (Read 2432 times)

Re: Your Most Hated Piece of Hardware
« Reply #25 on: 27 October, 2013, 08:56:33 pm »
Any light that hasn't bothered to smooth the rectified AC, giving 100 Hz flicker.

There is a special place in hell reserved for who ever decided to deliberately introduce 100 Hz flicker on LEDs running from a car battery.
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #26 on: 27 October, 2013, 09:05:57 pm »
Ah yes...

Anything that indicates status purely by changing the colour of a single LED between green/yellow/orange/red (blue and another colour is permissible).  Gel is unreliable, and life's too short to have to find someone to ask if my battery is charged or my monitor's in power-saving mode.

« Reply #27 on: 27 October, 2013, 11:03:45 pm »
My old HTC Wildfire. The very embodiment of "buy cheap, buy twice"... It was so flimsy that after about a year, the chassis was so flexible that it bent itself against the touchscreen in use, rendering the whole phone utterly useless.

(As an aside, it was very much the polar opposite of its replacement - a Nokia Lumia 800, one of the finest pieces of mobile hardware I've ever held but crippled with Windows Phone 7.5. Le Sigh. And now I'm on an iDevice.)
Yeah. You have to wonder what fit of collective insanity led those Finns to throw in their lot with Microsoft. Was it just a fit of winter-induced gloom & despondency, leading them to feel there was no point trying any more?
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897