Author Topic: Soft Border Patrol.  (Read 1125 times)

Soft Border Patrol.
« on: 12 March, 2019, 11:40:13 pm »
A Northern Ireland comedy about Brexit. The accents can be almost impenetrable, likewise the history and politics. But for sure, that's like Brexit itself, isn't it? On I Player, and disappearing fast.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0c2082y

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: Soft Border Patrol.
« Reply #1 on: 13 March, 2019, 08:30:31 am »
Almost impenetrable my arse. No, cancel that. No, that's not what I meant. Oh, just bugger off.

Perfectly comprehensible.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #2 on: 15 March, 2019, 01:53:17 pm »
Almost impenetrable my arse. No, cancel that. No, that's not what I meant. Oh, just bugger off.

Perfectly comprehensible.

Can you get I Player in France? Part of the plot of Soft Border Patrol is that it's funded and staffed from both sides of the border. So accents identify the origin of the characters, and the NI characters are defined by their accents and cultural references. I can get enough of that to find it funny, but the accent of the PR chief character is a bit of a stretch. There's an episode on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yawNu-wPgyU

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3 on: 15 March, 2019, 02:09:27 pm »
I steer clear of Apple stuff, because MrsT has a few Apple fadgets and I don't want to have to debug the sodding things when they do something unexpected. I'll have a gander at the YT episode. It looks a bit like the Ulster Fry gone [more] bonkers.

Ta.

ETA Oh, iPlayer is a Beeb thing. Wily buggers that they are. I'll have a poke at it.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4 on: 15 March, 2019, 02:15:36 pm »
Seems that I'd need a VPN to get in. Hardly worth it. Someone's sure to put SBP on YT every week - lots of other Beeb stuff on there.