Author Topic: And your PBP bike is...  (Read 18007 times)

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
Re: And your PBP bike is...
« Reply #100 on: 15 September, 2015, 09:00:49 am »
... is folded up in the kids' games room.  Unfolding ceremony on Saturday for my monthly RRTY ride on Sunday.

I removed the Bagman and saddle bag, and managed to ditch enough other bits'n'bobs to fit everything I need for a fair-weather 200 into the front bag — the bike feels very light now, and the centre of gravity is very low, it's weird to ride!  I'm thinking I have one last audax ride on Kojaks this season before the Marathons go back on for winter.  The front hub — standard-fit Shimano dynamo hub — is a bit slack after PBP and the bearings need cinching up slightly.  The rear-triangle pivot bushes have a small amount of play, inevitably given the amount of abuse I've given them, but I've seen much worse.  And I'll need to rebuild both wheels due to worn rims — something for after winter, probably.

That's one LEL and one PBP on it so far.  I'm thinking of treating myself to a new bike for the next big season ... what I mean is, I'm thinking of how to convince Mrs WB to let me treat myself  ::-)
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

« Reply #101 on: 15 September, 2015, 10:52:40 am »
  I'm thinking of treating myself to a new bike for the next big season ... what I mean is, I'm thinking of how to convince Mrs XXXXXX to let me treat myself  ::-)
  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Pete Crane E75 @petecrane5

« Reply #102 on: 15 September, 2015, 08:57:14 pm »
That's one LEL and one PBP on it so far.  I'm thinking of treating myself to a new bike for the next big season ... what I mean is, I'm thinking of how to convince Mrs WB to let me treat myself  ::-)
I thought you already had a grown-up bike?  ;D

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #103 on: 15 September, 2015, 09:19:51 pm »
I thought you already had a grown-up bike?  ;D

Ah, I forgot I'd ridden that last year.

No matter, after the fun I had on PBP I'm thinking I would quite like another little-wheeler  :D
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #104 on: 24 March, 2016, 03:35:56 pm »
Dirty!

We still need to remove the rear disk brake and put on a standard rim brake, and make a few more tweaks. It also needs to be taken apart for flying before being rebuilt in Paris.
ooh now.. that I DO like :)
Everyone's favourite windbreak