Author Topic: Denmead 400 - June 21 - Roll Call  (Read 9901 times)

Re: Denmead 400 - June 21 - Roll Call
« Reply #50 on: 23 June, 2008, 02:44:41 pm »
Well done UB, I think that ride showed how valuable teamwork can be on long rides; it sounds as if you would both have had a far more miserable time and not got around without the support of the other.

So, only a 600 to go before the end of October now?    ::-)

urban_biker

• " . . .we all ended up here and like lads in the back of a Nova we sort of egged each other on...."
  • Known in the real world as Dave
« Reply #51 on: 23 June, 2008, 03:02:13 pm »
Well done UB, I think that ride showed how valuable teamwork can be on long rides; it sounds as if you would both have had a far more miserable time and not got around without the support of the other.

So, only a 600 to go before the end of October now?    ::-)

Thanks Matt - 400k is probably as far as I'm going to stretch myself this year.  Denmead 600k is timed for when I'm away on holiday and I think I'll struggle to find another full weekend away to attempt a 600k. So no SR this year but I see that as a plus as it gives me something to look forward to.

The plan for next year is a full SR including the BC. Hopefully there should be four of us (The Faccombe Four as swarm_catcher called us  ;D ) going for an SR next year so 2009 will be lots of fun. Besides, it leaves me with something to look forward to ;)
Owner of a languishing Langster

LEE

« Reply #52 on: 23 June, 2008, 03:02:28 pm »
A few extra bits from me.

Here's a pic of Lee mending his tyre on Weston seafront.

It was all quiet there, just like I learned about at skool in English lessons.