Author Topic: White Rose Classic 2008  (Read 2491 times)

White Rose Classic 2008
« on: 07 June, 2008, 07:55:20 pm »
Weather forecast looks good. I will be heading to Otley for a 7:30am start. Good ride to anyone on yacf who may be taking part.  :thumbsup:

I will be the slow rider with Lune RCC white and red top.

Tigers Taxi

Re: White Rose Classic 2008
« Reply #1 on: 07 June, 2008, 08:43:40 pm »
Weather forecast looks good. I will be heading to Otley for a 7:30am start. Good ride to anyone on yacf who may be taking part.  :thumbsup:

I will be the slow rider with Lune RCC white and red top.

Hope all goes well  its not an easy ride.,
I've looked at this event many times, but as an Audax rider I can ride the Dales Grimpeur for a lot less money with more climbing .
Your throwaway comment at the end ! are you after the time or the ride? If your after the ride the Dales Grimpeur is the Hardest and the BEST.

Andy S

PS
I've ridden the DG 8 times and I can't climb

« Reply #2 on: 07 June, 2008, 09:00:26 pm »

Hope all goes well  its not an easy ride.,
I've looked at this event many times, but as an Audax rider I can ride the Dales Grimpeur for a lot less money with more climbing .

Your throwaway comment at the end ! are you after the time or the ride? If your after the ride the Dales Grimpeur is the Hardest and the BEST.

Andy S

PS
I've ridden the DG 8 times and I can't climb

Hi Andy,

Oh no I am not after a time. It's not a race. I am looking foward to enjoy the day discovering parts of the Yorkshire Dales I never cycled through.

Re Dales Grimpeur. I have been looking into it but it clashed with family commitments for the second time in as many years. It looks like a great one. I shall take your recommendation seriously and will try to plan better next year :-)

Tigers Taxi

« Reply #3 on: 07 June, 2008, 09:18:27 pm »

Re Dales Grimpeur. I have been looking into it but it clashed with family commitments for the second time in as many years. It looks like a great one. I shall take your recommendation seriously and will try to plan better next year :-)

But don't finish before I do, too many people already do!!
Andy S

PPS I can accomodate most of your WWW wish list, aged AUK that I am

Martin

« Reply #4 on: 09 June, 2008, 03:29:39 pm »
I was advised that I wouldn't get round La Marmotte if I couldn't do the DG 200

I wuz robbed; it was much harder*

* I am a Southerner

« Reply #5 on: 09 June, 2008, 05:33:39 pm »

* I am a Southerner

You mean that the Marmotte is harder than the DG200?

The White Rose Classic was brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed it*. Beautiful. Supremely organised throughout and perfect condifitions. The signage did not leave any scope for going off route. The chili pasta at the end was eaten with great sense of pleasure.

* if I forget the knee, back pain, major cramp on top of Coal road and finding the distance to the 3rd feed slightly too long for my struggling body.  :)

Martin

« Reply #6 on: 09 June, 2008, 08:21:05 pm »

* I am a Southerner

You mean that the Marmotte is harder than the DG200?

no the other way round; the 2 climbs out of Pateley Bridge, Malham Cove, Dent station Fleet Moss and Park Rash are all absolute swines, only the Galibier compares on La Marmotte. A good way to get 4.5AAA in one go but apart from that the DG is a hard hard bastard ride. Glad I did it once though.