Author Topic: Wattbike & Zwift  (Read 1775 times)

morite

• World's Slowest Audaxer
Wattbike & Zwift
« on: 12 June, 2019, 01:05:58 pm »
Apologies if this has been asked before......

Does anybody know how to configure Zwift on an Android phone to connect to a Wattbike.

I work away all week and the hotel I am in for the next few weeks has a couple of Wattbikes.

I tried to configure it last night but without success. I could get the Wattbike to connect to my phone but Zwift never found it

TIA

Andy

Chris S

Re: Wattbike & Zwift
« Reply #1 on: 12 June, 2019, 01:35:31 pm »
What's the connection type on the Wattbike? Zwift on Android is Bluetooth only, so if you were trying Ant+, that might be why?

Zwift on Android has only just crawled out of a very long period in development - so there may well be Android issues too. Have you checked the hardware compatibility list (here: https://forums.zwift.com/t/android-supported-devices-updated-march-9th-2019/44902) to check your device is supported?

morite

• World's Slowest Audaxer
« Reply #2 on: 12 June, 2019, 01:48:17 pm »
Thanks Chris,

Only trying via Bluetooth (considered bringing an Ant+ dongle next week and then realised the phone won't support it)

My phone is on the list (One Plus 6) and I have a compatible version of OS on it.

I have a feeling it could be something disabled on the Wattbike but I don't know what so I can try and enable it or ask for it to be turned on.

I have read another article on Wattbike website that says it needs to be in Speed, cadence and power mode (SPC+PWR) but I think this is an Ant+ setting so I'm not sure it is going to work, Will be trying tonight.

Chris S

« Reply #3 on: 12 June, 2019, 01:49:18 pm »
Good luck  :thumbsup:.

« Reply #4 on: 22 June, 2019, 05:54:57 pm »
It might depend on how new the Wattbikes are. It’s probably best to start with the Wattbike site, and identify the monitor type and connectivity.
Otherwise, either use the set programmes ( test etc) or do alternate zone 3, zone 4 ( say 4 minutes each) with 1 minute zone 5 after every second set., followed by 2 minutes in zone 1. Try to stick to a cadence of 90-100rpm.