Author Topic: [HAMR] Tarzan (Kurt Searvogel)  (Read 460758 times)

Re: Tarzan (Kurt Searvogel)
« Reply #1950 on: 15 March, 2015, 06:40:24 pm »
...even if "Nobody expects the IRS" doesn't have quite the same ring to it....  ;D

:thumbsup:

Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as sausages, dyhohubs, Brooks saddles, and an almost fanatical devotion to PBP, and nice red cycling tops

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #1951 on: 15 March, 2015, 06:40:54 pm »
Just seen the latest Kurt-vid on FaceTube  :-\

Great GPS joke from Alicia - I think she's still having fun :)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #1952 on: 15 March, 2015, 06:43:32 pm »

No idea what "facetube" means. Or which video you're referring to.

It'd be nice if people would provide links to external content that they are commenting on here so the rest of us could join in the discussion  ???

TGS

« Reply #1953 on: 15 March, 2015, 06:45:19 pm »

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1954 on: 15 March, 2015, 06:51:00 pm »

Either he's into some very clever reverse-psychology or some-such or he's on a big downer.  Seems his only motivation is to beat someone else which sort of flies against the blurb on his website about beating the record.

Also seems a bit weird that his own, hometown, bike shop didn't seem all that interested in what he was doing.

Or I could be reading just too much into it all, though I do find it odd that both Kurt and Alicia seem to have a need to post everything about themselves on FaceTube, I would say its a modern generational thing but hey Kurt's 50+  ???
It does seem a bit odd.  I hope he gets out of the doldrums.  Unslumping yourself is not easily done.
Getting there...

« Reply #1955 on: 15 March, 2015, 06:51:49 pm »
Thanks for the link to Kurt's Facebook page, TGS but it's not a link to the video Jabba was referring to.

In the future anyone looking back at this thread won't have a clue which of Kurt's videos was "at the top" today.

So I'd ask contributers to please post links to the specific content what they is talking about.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #1956 on: 15 March, 2015, 07:02:49 pm »
Good point,  Wobbles.
A few kind hearts have posted the relevant links that DONT require a facebook account  :thumbsup:

Sadly I don't know how to do this :(

I suspect its all in vain anyway, as facebook content doesnt last forever. I think.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1957 on: 15 March, 2015, 07:14:59 pm »
Perhaps we should club together to buy Kurt a YACF account so he can link his videos directly here rather than waste time putting them on Facebook!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

TGS

« Reply #1958 on: 15 March, 2015, 07:16:23 pm »
I haven't got a facebook account, but I can see Kurt's page. Also if I scroll down the right hand side I can see all the previous days. Why not just refer to it as "facebook video on day x"

After watching the (day 63 facebook) video, I thought it was exactly what Jabba was referring to.

« Reply #1959 on: 15 March, 2015, 07:38:07 pm »
Just checked Kurts progress on the tracker and he appears to be heading towards England!  :thumbsup:

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #1960 on: 15 March, 2015, 07:40:17 pm »
Beat me to it.

Do you think there is, somewhere within that foreign field, a corner that is forever Marsh Gibbon?

« Reply #1961 on: 15 March, 2015, 07:50:24 pm »
Just checked Kurts progress on the tracker and he appears to be heading towards England!  :thumbsup:

Heading, but I doubt stopping. Why would you choose to stop in the smaul town that is little old England, when, further up the road there is a slightly bigger town called Stuttgart? Go figure :-)

[BTW...the IRS will cut your balls off...given the chance :D]
He did the right thing.
Garry Broad

« Reply #1962 on: 15 March, 2015, 07:56:33 pm »
Sadly I don't know how to do this :(
If this is the correct link:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1590112407897133&video_source=pages_finch_main_video
I got it by right-click --> open in new tab, then copy the address bar

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #1963 on: 15 March, 2015, 07:57:32 pm »
That'll do!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #1964 on: 15 March, 2015, 08:02:49 pm »

He got into England, turned round and went straight back out! Do you think he didn't like it?

« Reply #1965 on: 15 March, 2015, 08:03:23 pm »
He has had a dyno fitted on the front, mentioned riding through the night. Hmm should be interesting.

He's had the light fitted upside down - it'll have an awful beam pattern ...... only blind drivers - can't see the road.

offcumden

• Oh, no!
« Reply #1966 on: 15 March, 2015, 08:10:34 pm »
He got into England, turned round and went straight back out! Do you think he didn't like it?

Perhaps he's making some sort of statement?  Hasn't lost his sense of humour, it seems.

Zooming in on England, Arkansas, it looks absolutely nothing like the original.  The 'rolling English drunkard' took no part in highway construction out there!

« Reply #1967 on: 15 March, 2015, 08:11:15 pm »

You know what...I didn't enjoy watching that.
I feel like saying to him, "cut all the Facebook crap and get it together. Get the hell out of here"
[What's that?...."Like, what the f*** does he know" :-)]

But really......leave the people on the forums like us to pollute the internet with superfluous rubbish, because that's what we're here for. We're all sitting on our fat lard arses indulging in the art of being keyboard warriors...but for them....nah, sorry, it's not constructive.

Their job is to ride. And forget everybody else.

I had the same feeling when Steve posted here at the beginning, there was a post where he talked about Kurt not having an answer for this and that........didn't like it...nah, nah, nah........it's like, no, stay away.....social media is the last place you want to be. Don't get drawn into. It's just distracting rubbish.

Sorry, just had to let that one go!
Garry Broad

« Reply #1968 on: 15 March, 2015, 08:17:20 pm »
That's your opinion. There are a sizeable body of people who like 'following' someone, checking their progress, how they are feeling. Kurt has put up appeals for inner tubes in the past. Nothing wrong with doing that.

A 3min interview done by Alicia doesn't exactly take much effort from Kurt. In fact, I reckon it takes less than writing a post on something like YACF.

<i>Marmite slave</i>

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #1969 on: 15 March, 2015, 08:17:40 pm »
He has had a dyno fitted on the front, mentioned riding through the night. Hmm should be interesting.

He's had the light fitted upside down - it'll have an awful beam pattern ...... only blind drivers - can't see the road.

It's OK, they drive on the other side of the road.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #1970 on: 15 March, 2015, 08:21:19 pm »
It seems Flash Player is needed to view Kurt's videos. So I won't be seeing any of them after all. Because as any fule kno Flash Player is effin' insecure.

If you care about security uninstall Flash. Seriously.

« Reply #1971 on: 15 March, 2015, 08:22:06 pm »

It's OK, they drive on the other side of the road.

... the ceiling ?

« Reply #1972 on: 15 March, 2015, 08:22:49 pm »

True

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #1973 on: 15 March, 2015, 08:45:56 pm »
Should we tell him? We don't want Smoky Bear* pulling him over for some sort of felony.

*TM Mr. Larrington

« Reply #1974 on: 15 March, 2015, 09:15:21 pm »

No idea what "facetube" means. Or which video you're referring to.

It'd be nice if people would provide links to external content that they are commenting on here so the rest of us could join in the discussion  ???

Wobbly, sorry about no link thingy but I'm not that tech-savvy  :facepalm: , I just followed the link from Oaky's OYTT  links sticky and saw the video at the top right of the page.  I'm not a fan of most social media hence my mashing of Facebook and YouTube.

In future I'll refer to the day quoted if anything else appears noteworthy from the page.  ;D