Author Topic: Strava - editing time/speed (new thread)  (Read 1080 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Strava - editing time/speed (new thread)
« on: 23 August, 2013, 03:31:09 pm »
This topic has been discussed before, but this is a different slant on it - topic  https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=68383.msg1418427#msg1418427  also has some bearing.

I have a series of 5 tracks that have been captured from a Garmin 200 as  .fit and then converted to  .gpx  files. 

We want to use them as Strava segments to provide peer performance comparison at our upcoming Shakespeare AUTUMN 100 events* (the idea is to load them to Strava as "private" and then make them public the day before the event so our riders can use them.

The key issue is to set the time at zero so there's a level playing field (I have to confess one was captured driving in a car!) - the suggestion to use BikeRouteToaster is n one of the earlier threads ... but I don't understand enough to be able to do it.

So - can anyone help please with either simple step-by-step instructions ... or help us out if I sent the original files - please?

Thanks

Rob

* We managed to do it for our SPRING event and it was very popular, but we can't remember what we did!