Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 208947 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1150 on: 17 April, 2019, 04:26:02 pm »
Thank-you both.  If it's an adrenal tumour rather than on the pituitary it's operable, otherwise we'll look after him as best as we can. This poor chap has had a bad deal as regards hormones: he's been on thyroxin since 2015. Still, he's happy and we'll try to keep him that way.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #1151 on: 21 April, 2019, 12:01:53 pm »
Having a rest and a sulk. We went to the beach first thing this morning and she had a great run and destroyed a new frisbee (we had forgotten the ball thrower). When we got back it was shower time to get the sand and salt out of her fir which she puts up with bur resents deeply. Hence the sulkiness and tiredness.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1152 on: 24 April, 2019, 08:41:52 am »
Well.  After a day at the vet's yesterday to test his cortisol levels throughout the day, they gave us the good news that the big fella hasn't got Cushing's Syndrome, he's just very excitable and the white-coat effect was pushing his levels up. After a couple of hours there he got used to everyone and everything dropped to normal.

The bad news was the 639€ bill, but we're insured so we get most of it back. That and the copious amount of hair on the back seat of the car: the bugger seems to be moulting.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1153 on: 24 April, 2019, 12:59:17 pm »
Cats are outside.

Blackie only ate a few crunchies before heading for the Great Outdoors.
Big Tom had a modest breakfast, spent AGES on the mat by the cat flap the dashed out when he saw a bird.

Got nowhere near the bird thobut.

« Reply #1154 on: 02 May, 2019, 11:47:59 am »
Phoebe (one of our rats, nominally Miss Dan the Younger's, but a family pet) is having a knife taken to a lump that has suddenly appeared.  :(

« Reply #1155 on: 02 May, 2019, 08:42:52 pm »
Back home having had a tumour out. Lots of licking her wounds.

essexian

« Reply #1156 on: 08 May, 2019, 03:37:32 pm »
I am currently bed bound due to a trapped nerve and CHB was late to bed so when it was feeding time at our house no one was available to undertake the task. That did not stop Purrdee the kitten who found an open pouch of food and was standing on the closed end forcing food out of the open end when I finally managed to drag by body out of bed.

Excellent I thought. She must have still been hungry still an hour later as I found her with an unopened pouch trying the same trick..... If she ever works out how to do it her next trick will be placing a delivery with tesco thus cutting out the middle man.

Sent from my phone laying down looking at the celling.... Sorry for any spelling mistakes

« Reply #1157 on: 10 May, 2019, 07:55:37 am »
I don't know what Bob - our huge white cat with the fish allergy - is doing because we haven't seen him since Tuesday.
I'm trying to retain a bit of optimism, but Mrs M, forever pessimistic, fears the worst, but despite my bravado I fear she's right to be negative.
It's the last thing we need with other family issues crowding in on us as well. But, cats will be cats.
I know cats can and do go walkabout for days, weeks and even months on occasions, but - in a word to the feline world - don't.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1158 on: 10 May, 2019, 10:17:17 am »
We're in for a bout of dog-wrestling tomorrow, heaving Ezra off to the vet.  Poor chap seems to have a bleeding tumour in one of the folds of his face. The dog, that is.  Poor old Raz (brother to Ez) will probably go apeshit (then dog ditto) when left on his own but it needs the two of us there, one to hold him still and one to think rationally.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1159 on: 10 May, 2019, 10:42:30 am »
I don't know what Bob - our huge white cat with the fish allergy - is doing because we haven't seen him since Tuesday.
I'm trying to retain a bit of optimism, but Mrs M, forever pessimistic, fears the worst, but despite my bravado I fear she's right to be negative.
It's the last thing we need with other family issues crowding in on us as well. But, cats will be cats.
I know cats can and do go walkabout for days, weeks and even months on occasions, but - in a word to the feline world - don't.

:(

Have you asked your neighbours to check their outbuildings?

« Reply #1160 on: 10 May, 2019, 03:17:42 pm »

:(
Have you asked your neighbours to check their outbuildings?
Yes, done all the usual and obvious stuff, but to no avail. He's on the local Facebook noticeboard, and the RSPCA sponsored database; we've put a couple of posters up, and leafleted the houses bordering the school playing field next to us.
A few years ago (possibly about 8-9) one of the local cats vanished for a few weeks, and I found it dragging itself up my garden path - it had been shot with an air rifle, and locked in a shed as far as the vet could tell by the state of its claws and feet. Surprisingly that cat is still around. We seem to have had some nasty people in the neighbourhood - I've not heard the air rifle for a couple of years, but.....

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1161 on: 10 May, 2019, 07:19:09 pm »
Hope he turns up soon, Mike.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #1162 on: 12 May, 2019, 01:00:33 am »
I've had my ex-cat Rico go missing for exactly a week once in the heat of the summer from one bin day to the next. He must have got locked in a shed or garage we think. He came come really dehydrated and hungry but made a full recovery.
Hope you have some luck with yours soon Mike.

« Reply #1163 on: 12 May, 2019, 08:19:28 pm »
Bob came back!
Mrs M was doing some leafleting and door knocking and we got a 'good confirmed' sighting two streets away. He'd been seen in the bathroom window of a house where the owner had been taken into care, and the children were going in a couple of times a day to check on the house. Subsequently - this morning - he'd been seen in a couple of gardens. We reckon he'd got into the house when it was being checked over, and got out a lot of days later the same way.
We fed him (lots) after he sauntered into our garden. Then we shut him in the house while we went to our son's for the afternoon. By the time we got back, he'd vandalised the cat flap in order to get out, and done a runner!
We assume he'll be back for more food later this evening!
Bl##dy creature!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1164 on: 12 May, 2019, 08:25:14 pm »
Pleased he's back!
My cleaning lady is right about cats returning!

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1165 on: 12 May, 2019, 11:08:32 pm »
Cheeky monkey....

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1166 on: 13 May, 2019, 07:57:13 am »
Ezra's feeling sorry for himself.  Stitched-up face and a cone on, can't scratch and keeps catching it on doorposts and so forth. Also having trouble peeing, vet suspects prostate tumour & possibly generalized cancer.  Biopsy results in 10+ days. :(

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1167 on: 13 May, 2019, 09:10:54 pm »
Aw, poor thing.

« Reply #1168 on: 17 May, 2019, 07:33:14 pm »
Keeping watch out the patio doors for the squirrel that lives in next doors huge yew tree. The squirrel most definitely doesn't have Tilly's permission to be in her garden.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1169 on: 18 May, 2019, 09:47:34 am »
Ezra (see above) worked out how to invert the cone and have a bloody good scratch. Wounds are still clean but stitches have gone.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1170 on: 18 May, 2019, 10:24:48 am »
Not now but two days ago. She took her toy out to play with her new best friend. When she hears Archie's bell, she runs to the back door. Even Archie comes running when he sees us coming back from walkies. Sadly Archie isn't so keen on Tilley's play style, he is more into laying on the floor or headbutting. Which just confuses the mutt :)

This friendship have caused two things. One: that Tilley now loves all cats, which often isn't retaliated, especially from the cat, two streets over, that looks like Archie. Two: The white and ginger cat across the way have now stopped running away when she sees Tilley, still not too happy but the fleeing in a blind panic has become I just sit here in protest ready to run.

Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1171 on: 18 May, 2019, 02:02:59 pm »
Aw.

ian

« Reply #1172 on: 20 May, 2019, 07:41:19 pm »
Bleeding.

Big fight against GGMFC (Giant Grey Monkey Faced Cat) – it's part baboon and a consistent brawler. It's been gone for a while but is now back minus an ear, so I suppose it picked a fight that it couldn't win. I have a super-squirt gun to discourage it from the garden after a spate of it fighting with Little Monster Cat (who is a brawler, but doesn't seem to realise she's 3.5 kg when wet and lacks any teeth).

Alas, Bad Cat is a bit soft. An impressly aimed slipper (I sort of threw it and then pondered that I might well hit the wrong cat given they were at the top of the garden) that scored a direct hit on GGMFC broke things up.

She mostly seems intact other than some missing fur, but her front leg has been either scratched or bitten and there's blood in her fur. It'll take two of us to inspect the damage. I predict a vet's bill.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1173 on: 20 May, 2019, 08:09:47 pm »
Aw. Give her a wipe down with some saline. Pretty much guaranteed to get infected if it's a bite. Poor kitty.

ian

« Reply #1174 on: 20 May, 2019, 08:33:45 pm »
Yes, we'll clean her up when my wife gets home and see what the damage is. Other than the bloody leg she seems mobile and came out for treats, but is a bit spooked still. I suspect an antibiotic jab will beckon in the morning and I'll be £50 poorer. I also suspect GGMFC was also the culprit that left LMC with some serious lacerations a while back. But cats will be cats. I've primed the water cannon, it can reach the very top of the garden and I'm an effective sniper.