Author Topic: Edge 605 - getting my data  (Read 1375 times)

Edge 605 - getting my data
« on: 22 June, 2009, 12:03:29 am »
I'm having problems with my GPS  :-\  It's probably user error.

On the unit, if I go into the "History" it has yesterday's date as the newest entry. 
Lap 1 is the 4 miles I did.
Lap 2 is today's ride to meet the TRAT guys.
Lap 3 is the ride back again.

If I fire up Garmin Training centre the newest ride is a month ago  :-\

If I go onto the unit via USB I see the newest .tcx file is dated a month ago, but the LAP files in the folder have the correct updated times.

How can I get the GPS trace for today's ride?   I can see it on the screen of the unit so I know it exists!

Re: Edge 605 - getting my data
« Reply #1 on: 23 June, 2009, 02:37:06 pm »
How can I get the GPS trace for today's ride?   I can see it on the screen of the unit so I know it exists!
Check out motionbased, you might find a similar problem/cure.

Can you see the file within the PC as an external drive? If yes copy the file over to a memorable place and use GTC to import the file.
If no {shrugs}  :-[.
Have you got the latest firmware? I wouldn't use the 2.8 for now as it hard resets the unit and you lose all settings and history!! Stick with 2.6 or 2.7.

Re: Edge 605 - getting my data
« Reply #2 on: 27 June, 2009, 03:45:04 pm »
Following a call to Garmin this seems to be resolved.

Required nothing more than plugging the device into the PC, right clicking the drive it creates, selecting properties, tools, then checking for errors with automatic fix.

Once completed I did upgrade from 2.7 to 2.8 as firmware 2.7 is the one that has this history corruption bug.  Didn't seem to lose anything*, despite the warnings.

* other than the walk in Maldon that contained the OSM survey data, and the one I think that corrupted.  All rides before and after that were retained.