Author Topic: Parking in Birmingham B4  (Read 1053 times)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Parking in Birmingham B4
« on: 20 November, 2018, 09:13:23 am »
I need to park near a meeting in B4 next week. What are my options?

Are there any car parks centrally or would I be better parking further out and taking a train in? I'll be coming from the South up the M40

We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Re: Parking in Birmingham B4
« Reply #2 on: 20 November, 2018, 09:29:11 am »
There's a car park on the south side of Curzon Street, opposite Millennium Point. Street parking around there will be very limited.

If you're arriving early, then you might be able to get free street parking a bit further south in Digbeth (between Deritend and the ring road), and there are multiple independent wasteground car parks around there where you can pay £3.80 for a day. Don't leave any valuables in the car though, eh.

There are multistorey carparks on Edgbaston Street, including the official one for the Bull Ring shopping centre around there. Beware the Moat Lane car park which operates on market time and could be closed by the time you get back to your car...

I'm not overly familiar with the northern side of B4, so there may be better options depending on where you're heading to.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #3 on: 20 November, 2018, 09:54:57 am »
Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: 20 November, 2018, 12:56:32 pm »
I needed parking in Digbeth yesterday and I think it was this one that got a mention: https://goo.gl/maps/2yw1W9CaGMM2
Cheaper 'cos it's further away from Deritend, but might be conveniently closer to where you need it!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5 on: 20 November, 2018, 12:58:30 pm »
That you can park all day for significantly less than a return bus fare says everything you need to know about Birmingham...  *sigh*