Linked Events

• Shakespeare 100 Sportive: 13 September, 2009

Author Topic: Shakespeare 100 Sportive : 13 Sept 2009  (Read 935 times)

The Bard

Shakespeare 100 Sportive : 13 Sept 2009
« on: 10 July, 2009, 03:04:36 pm »
New 100 mile or 100 km Sportive event for 2009 – at Stratford-upon-Avon – an ideal late-season event with two distance options, including one for the real grimpeurs.

There’s loads of info at  Shakespeare Hundred - CycloSportive  and you can enter online.

Look forward to seeing you!

The Bard

The Bard

Re: Shakespeare 100 Sportive : 13 Sept 2009
« Reply #1 on: 28 July, 2009, 11:28:57 am »
Entries are now in excess of expectations - enter now to avoid disappointment!

The course planner has just added a "recce report" to the website at  Shakespeare Hundred - CycloSportive - makes interesting reading  :thumbsup:

... and there's a rumour that several YACF regulars are riding, why not make it a big turnout ?

The Bard

The Bard

« Reply #2 on: 09 August, 2009, 06:35:22 pm »
I rode round the course today (by car I have to confess) to check the route sheets etc - by gum, that Saintbury Hill is a good one ... but just rewards aplenty when you get out onto the ridge above Chipping Campden and deeper into the S Warwickshire countryside.

The southern feed station is now sorted and we're promised even better cakes than the northern one ... I think the respective village hall committees are staging a competition between themselves

Entries are coming in apace - with about 80% opting for the 100 mile (rather than 100 Km( version ... our medal supplier is on standby for an extension to the order.

The route "designer" has done a recce ride and his thoughts are online at  Shakespeare Hundred - CycloSportive  - where, of course, you can enter too.

The Bard

rogerdodge

• But that was 25 years ago!
« Reply #3 on: 10 August, 2009, 12:36:32 pm »
I went out on Saturday to have a look around part of the course. The first few miles involve some tricky navigation, but it looks like it should be fun. Saintbury Hill is 'interesting' though, and I am hoping that Barton isn't any more 'interesting'. I'll know next week when I do another recce ride.
I thought that I knew most of the lanes in that area, but the course designers have found some good ones that are new to me. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't ridden in company much for about 25 years though, so I'll avoid getting into any fast bunches where I may be a hazard.

Roger Thorpe

The Bard

« Reply #4 on: 21 August, 2009, 08:42:06 pm »
The medal supplier has been sent another order today  :thumbsup:

Looks like it's going to be a popular event - enter now at   Shakespeare Hundred - CycloSportive  - online secure payment etc and immediate confirmation of entry.

The Bard