Author Topic: SUPERMOON 200  (Read 4694 times)

iddu

• Are we there yet?
Re: SUPERMOON 200
« Reply #25 on: 29 September, 2015, 01:02:20 pm »
I believe 3peaker hasn't checked in simply because he was carried away in the moment and stripped to his cycling bibshorts at 03:47, bathing in cursed light of a Blood Moon as it reached totality.  As any practical magician knows, this results in the celestial celebrant transforming into the animal he most fears.  Given previous encounters, I believe Steve has therefore transformed into a badger, furtively scavenging the dark lanes of Gloucestershire in the vain hope of transforming back into the Air Squadron Leader we all know and respect.

(click to show/hide)

Sadly, not 100% accurate, but we did garner two cars, one trucker, and a set of blue flashing lights, as he laid in the gutter on the A38 taking pictures at oh dark o'clock... :)

'twas fun, where were y'all ?

See you in 2033 ;D
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

« Reply #26 on: 30 September, 2015, 09:43:44 pm »
Fair play Pat you had a busy weekend, did you actually get any sleep ?  :P ;D :thumbsup:
Eddington Number 75

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #27 on: 30 September, 2015, 10:23:41 pm »
Fair play Pat you had a busy weekend, did you actually get any sleep ?  :P ;D :thumbsup:

What do you think work is for?  ;)  Couple catnaps Sun, but effectively up for 65 hours, so a bit weary...
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #28 on: 04 October, 2015, 02:25:18 pm »
I believe 3peaker hasn't checked in simply because he was carried away in the moment and stripped to his cycling bibshorts at 03:47, bathing in cursed light of a Blood Moon as it reached totality.  As any practical magician knows, this results in the celestial celebrant transforming into the animal he most fears.  Given previous encounters, I believe Steve has therefore transformed into a badger, furtively scavenging the dark lanes of Gloucestershire in the vain hope of transforming back into the Air Squadron Leader we all know and respect.

(click to show/hide)

Sadly, not 100% accurate, but we did garner two cars, one trucker, and a set of blue flashing lights, as he laid in the gutter on the A38 taking pictures at oh dark o'clock... :)

'twas fun, where were y'all ?

See you in 2033 ;D

Quick Update:
Pat Hurt and I left Hucclecote at 1900hrs on my AUK Permanent ride Bristol Double Avon 200. Stonehouse> Chip Sodbury> Pucklechurch> Cyclepath Bristol> Docks> A4 Avonmouth> A403 Severn View> Thornbury> A38> Gloucester> Upton-Upon-Severn> A38 Tewkesbury> A38 Down Hatherley> Churchdown> Hucclecote

Roads very quiet and Bristol transformed by light on buildings and features such as docks, SS GB and Clifton Suspension Bridge. Red Moon whilst we were on A38 towards Gloucester, so journey slowed by observing and pics. Moon cleared after Maisemore and dawn came towards Upton. Many photo stops as dawn broke as lighting and autumn mist provided scenic shots. (See these in a future Arrivee? or on Fb; still have not mastered dark art of attaching pics, short of time with busy garden).

While I was on picky duty, Pat went ahead, as he had not declared earlier his normal Monday included ‘Work’. We were kept awake by regular coffee stops. I had loaded caffeine tabs but had a remarkable clear and alert ride.

SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.