Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 2945158 times)

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
An anyone advise how over the next three weeks I’m going to get my chores done while Dr B (Mrs) is at work. I feel it might be a challenge.
Get up at sparrow fart O'clock, make Dr. B (Mrs) her breakfast (brownie points; for the accrual of. See later note.) whizz through chores in the ack emma.  Collapse in a heap in front of the haunted fishtank for the last couple of hours of each stage? 

This suggestion predicated on the assumption that most road stages will be the usual, "Near suicidal breakaway by relative unknowns earning their sponsor lots of TV coverage swallowed up in the last 20/10/5 (delete as appropriate) KM  by the 'big' boys."

For mountain stage and TT days exchange your carefully hoarded brownie points, see note above, for a chitty excusing you from household duties.

I think that covers it. :D
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
there is no hoarding of brownie points here,

hence I have two screens in my office, one for the work and one for the watching of cycling/listening to cricket etc.  COnference calls can cause problems.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Nice to see a Pride flag (just the one) placed on the street near our house for the Llandysul Carnival for the first time this year.  :thumbsup:

Well played Llandysul Community Coucil. Well played.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Talking of carnivals, it's St Pauls carnival today. I walked through the edge of it and my ears are still ringing. (That might make me sound like a grumpy old git but I quite like the fact there's a carnival, it's just I don't personally have the ears for it.)

Talking of Pride flags, a family (mum, dad, teenage girl) on the train back from Bath were waving one. I think they were on their way back from London, and as they didn't get off in Brizzle, they must have been continuing to deepest Zummerzet (Weston or Taunton).
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Guy

• Retired
Curried Seagull!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-48832481

A "bright orange" bird that was rescued by concerned members of the public turned out to be a seagull covered in curry or turmeric.
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

ElyDave

There was something similar a few years ago down in Wales I think, seagulls seem to have a thing for currry

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
For mountain stage and TT days exchange your carefully hoarded brownie points, see note above, for a chitty excusing you from household duties.

I think that covers it. :D
Nah.  Nowhere near.  It's a basic law pf physics that the Brownie Point gets devalued just before you need to use it, devalued to the point that it just becomes smaller than the credit required.

DAMHIKT

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
There was something similar a few years ago down in Wales I think, seagulls seem to have a thing for currry

I think seagulls have a thing for anything that  a) stolen  and  b) edible.

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

ElyDave

I think seagulls have a thing for anything that  a) stolen  and  b) edible.

trufax ^^

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
A news headline just popped up on my phone. "Intruder breaks into Buckingham Palace while queen sleeps metres away".
How many metres?  5? 50? 500? 5000?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Beardy

• Shedist
A news headline just popped up on my phone. "Intruder breaks into Buckingham Palace while queen sleeps metres away".
How many metres?  5? 50? 500? 5000?
What, agen? It really is about time they got some improved security at the palace, there’s always some scallywag breaking in.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Yeahbut the security's there to stop people from *leaving*.

Looking at the people they invite, the odd intruder probably raises the tone of the place.

Wot, you mean the Queen is actually a prisoner?  :o
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Beardy

• Shedist
Wot, you mean the Queen is actually a prisoner?  :o
Well I’ve only ever seen her away from one of her bastions with a large group of heavily armed guards so it all points that way ...
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

ian

Apparently subdeck three have blocked their loos again with paper towels. Named and shamed. I have no idea what department is on subdeck three. It's probably the PiX from Thorogorf IV.

For several nights now I've heard a strange noise from outside my flat.   Looking down into the carpark below, it's a chap in a shellsuit, pacing backwards & forwards while flinging his hands behind him to slap himself on the back, hence the noise.  He's out there now.  Rather odd.  Some new exercise fad I've not heard about ?  Religious self flagellation ?

And every night since. No more back slapping, just pacing up & down in the car park with big headphones on.   He must have seriously bad taste in music. (someone complained to the security chap about mine last night, said it was too loud! I turned it off at 11PM like the lease says.)

Still going on.  He's out there now.   If I was in one of the ground floor flats I'd be a tad annoyed.   No one seems to have complained though .

Beardy

• Shedist
I feel tha tomorrow morning’s weekly weigh in is unlikely to show the continued fall of recent weeks largely due to the mumble pints and large pizza consumed earlier this evening.
Noe to self: must try harder next week. 

fuzzy

Apparently subdeck three have blocked their loos again with paper towels. Named and shamed. I have no idea what department is on subdeck three. It's probably the PiX from Thorogorf IV.

Set the facilities crew on them.
WhenI worked at the school, blue towel roll was regularly flushed and it ended up skinning the top of the on site pumping station causing the float valves to lay on the skin and not activate.
A summer day spent with the pumping station sump lid up and the float valve in your hand until a several of thousands of gallons of shit had pumped away was a bit smelly.

ian

That was the facilities droid (we outsource looking after things to humans and they subcontract them to robots). The same ones who put up the PLEASE REFRAME FROM PUTTING PAPER TOWELS DOWN THE TOILET. Evidently they didn't reframe.

ElyDave

Set the facilities crew on them.
WhenI worked at the school, blue towel roll was regularly flushed and it ended up skinning the top of the on site pumping station causing the float valves to lay on the skin and not activate.
A summer day spent with the pumping station sump lid up and the float valve in your hand until a several of thousands of gallons of shit had pumped away was a bit smelly.

piece of string to tie up float valve an go for a cuppa, surely?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Or a student in need of punishment...

fuzzy

Needed to be constantly monitored because:-

a) Students left anywhere near the vcinity would cause more trouble.
b) The pumping station pumped towards an inspection hatch at the bottom of the school field. Blockage there caused shit geysers that would take swathes of the field out of operation.
c) Beyond the inspection hatch was a housing estate with other insection hatches. No one wants weeks of school shit exploding into their gardens.....

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
The pumping station pumped towards an inspection hatch at the bottom of the school field. Blockage there caused shit geysers that would take swathes of the field out of operation into the rugby rotation.

FTFY