General Category > MTB

2.1" tyres - going obsolete??

(1/3) > >>

MattJH:
I've got an On-One Pickenflick that I use with both 700c and 650b wheels for road and off-road use (700Cxup to 40mm or 650Bx2.1").  Thing is, I'm finding it harder and harder to find 2.12 tyres for it.  Are these tyres being phased out?  I can't fit anything bigger in, and I can't find anything smaller without going to 40mm or below (at which point I might as well run the 700c wheels.

I can understand that mountain bikes are going for ever wider tyres (2.3"+), but I would think that in these days of gravel and adventure bikes being more popular there would be a market for off road tyres around 2 inches wide.  I'm currently running Schwalbe Racing Ralphs

The usual suspects (Wiggle, Chain Reaction) don't seem to stock them anymore, Evans have a limited choice of Schwalbe (Thunder Burt).  Even SJS, and Charlie the bikemongers ranges are severely limited.

Any advice out there?

Cheers

mzjo:
https://www.cycletyres.fr/listing.php?conseil=1&formId=tyre_selector_index&divId=home_search_pneu&categorie_id=163&marque_id=0&unity_id=1&diametre_id=27*5000&section_id=2*100

There are 3 pages at 24 entries per page (although I only looked down the first page and I haven't checked how any are actually in stock).
This is the french  site but I think there is an english site in the same group.

alexb:
Can you fit Continental 2.2" tyres? They seem to have a decent range.

FifeingEejit:
Should still be able to find Panaracer FireXC tyres in 2,1 or Smoke and Dart in smaller.
PAnasonic seem to be retaining some production of legacy models

FifeingEejit:
Oh wait not 26"
Ralph's, burts, sams etc then, the xc race tyres.

Mr Google returned a few but didn't look to see if in stock

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version