Author Topic: Bought any camping gear today?  (Read 331994 times)

PH

Re: Bought any camping gear today?
« Reply #650 on: 17 June, 2012, 05:44:39 pm »
Not bought today, but used for the first time this week an Exped Schnozzel Pumpbag, silly name and even sillier price for a stuffsack with a valve.  It is brilliant, the quickest and easiest way to inflate an Exped airmat by far, I think I've tried them all, roll sack, integral pump and pillow pump.   I think they now come included with a UL Downmat, I bought separately to use with a large size UL Synmat, it really does inflate it as quick as in this clip.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/INHVFeS3uw0&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/INHVFeS3uw0&rel=1</a>

« Reply #651 on: 17 June, 2012, 09:45:57 pm »
yesterday, a little portable bbq that can be dismantled to a small size. will probably use for fire, rather than food. got one as a father's day prezzie for my dad too…
she was quite innocent, 'till she got that bicycle - sykurmolanir

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #652 on: 18 June, 2012, 01:13:33 am »
Not bought today, but used for the first time this week an Exped Schnozzel Pumpbag

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/INHVFeS3uw0&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/INHVFeS3uw0&rel=1</a>

That is genius.

*files away for future reference as a barakta-friendly thing-inflation method*

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #653 on: 18 June, 2012, 09:57:01 am »
Looks very like the system we have with the smaller mats, which doubled as a stuffsack.  They change the valves too often, though.
Getting there...

« Reply #654 on: 18 June, 2012, 12:02:57 pm »
Looks very like the system we have with the smaller mats, which doubled as a stuffsack.  They change the valves too often, though.

Bigger bag though. :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #655 on: 18 June, 2012, 12:07:30 pm »
Yes, and, if it works with the valve we have on the large mat, my wrists would be grateful.  It's not fun finishing a tiring ride, then spending ages pumping pitifully small amounts of air into the mat while hurting your hands :-\
Getting there...

« Reply #656 on: 18 June, 2012, 12:08:43 pm »
Yes, and, if it works with the valve we have on the large mat, my wrists would be grateful.  It's not fun finishing a tiring ride, then spending ages pumping pitifully small amounts of air into the mat while hurting your hands :-\
It says there is an adapter available for the mats like ours :D.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #657 on: 18 June, 2012, 12:10:00 pm »
I think that might get itself all bought an stuff when we get paid :thumbsup:
Getting there...

PH

« Reply #658 on: 18 June, 2012, 12:11:43 pm »
I'm happy to demo it at York.

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #659 on: 18 June, 2012, 12:13:12 pm »
We're getting one for our downmats.

We're moving every day at our week in France at the TDF so it'll save a lot of wrist action.  ;D
a great mind thinks alike

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #660 on: 18 June, 2012, 03:53:27 pm »
I've got a couple of Downmat 7 LXs but all this talk of Snozzle pumps has led me to buy a Downmat 7 UL.  I like the idea of downmat comfort without the weight and the sore wrist pump up situation.

« Reply #661 on: 18 June, 2012, 06:57:36 pm »
Not bought anything recently, but I notice that Exped seem to have updated their range of tents.

This looks quite nice.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_2q6lesDiEQ&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/_2q6lesDiEQ&rel=1</a>
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #662 on: 20 June, 2012, 09:07:21 am »
Outwell Domingo and Aruba cupboards.  Not for cycletouring ;)

« Reply #663 on: 07 July, 2012, 08:30:58 pm »
Outwell Hamilton table (yes, we do like Outwell accessories  :) )

« Reply #664 on: 07 July, 2012, 10:03:52 pm »
Mountain Equipment zero150 sleeping bag    500grammes and about the size of a bog roll when packed.

« Reply #665 on: 15 July, 2012, 07:59:30 pm »
Gah!  I splurged on a new tent yesterday, and I've just noticed that the same retailer has the new Thermarest Xtherm in their sale as well!   Can the credit card take another bashing this month?

Bones

• Oh dear!
« Reply #666 on: 17 July, 2012, 02:08:30 pm »
Just bought a foot print for my Hilleberg Akto. It just seemed like a good idea especially with our wet summer and trip planned for Sept/October.
There are no steep hills - just puny legs and the wrong gears :D

« Reply #667 on: 17 July, 2012, 02:24:06 pm »
Picked up a couple of Alpkit Gamma headlights for the kids and some para cord for out camping trip in the near future.
I predict that the kids will enjoy having seriously bright lights and all those flashing modes to play with...

« Reply #668 on: 17 July, 2012, 07:29:31 pm »
Gah!  I splurged on a new tent yesterday, and I've just noticed that the same retailer has the new Thermarest Xtherm in their sale as well!   Can the credit card take another bashing this month?

C'mon out with it...... details required
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #669 on: 17 July, 2012, 11:28:04 pm »

C'mon out with it...... details required

It's a Hubba Hubba HP, the 2 man version of the Hubba I was using at York, Long Itchen and Rutland.  That's an excellent little tent but it's just too snug. I'm going to be camping for 4 weeks in the USA in October and want to be comfortable.

If I can't get an overnight this weekend it's first outing will be at Watlington.

http://www.theoutdoorshop.com/showPart.asp?part=PN70338

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/amIgtlpGCuM&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/amIgtlpGCuM&rel=1</a>

(Edit) This arrived on Thursday, so far I've only had the inner tent pitched inside the flat.   It'll be luxurious for 1 person.

Interestingly the video above, and others I've seen for the Hubba HP show a mesh vent in the roof of the tent. Neither of mine have this feature, perhaps it was discontinued ?

The tent also turned up with a pack of MSR Groundhog Y stakes, rather than the Needle stakes. I may phone the dealer about this (I've already got loads of Y stakes)

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #670 on: 18 July, 2012, 09:23:37 am »
It's a Hubba Hubba HP, the 2 man version of the Hubba I was using at York, Long Itchen and Rutland.  That's an excellent little tent but it's just too snug. I'm going to be camping for 4 weeks in the USA in October and want to be comfortable.

If you're considering selling your Hubba HP, I'd be interested.

« Reply #671 on: 18 July, 2012, 08:22:37 pm »
That looks extraordinarily good and at attractive price
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #672 on: 18 July, 2012, 09:37:56 pm »

If you're considering selling your Hubba HP, I'd be interested.

Let me see how I get on with the new one first  :)    I may keep it if I decide to start backpacking again, but I've been saying I'll do that for years!

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #673 on: 19 July, 2012, 09:54:09 am »
Worth a try.  ;D

I'm itching to replace my Quechua Ultralight T2 in anticaption of some S24Os in the brilliant weather we're going to get in August and September.  ::-)

« Reply #674 on: 20 July, 2012, 12:51:18 am »
I've just noticed that the same retailer has the new Thermarest Xtherm in their sale as well!   Can the credit card take another bashing this month?
I've just given mine a due hammering, having come to the conclusion in March that the Neoair doesn't cut the mustard as far as warmth is concerned (same can be said about the Prolites)