Author Topic: Random audax questions  (Read 391121 times)

Hillbilly

Re: Random audax questions
« Reply #525 on: 23 September, 2013, 08:26:23 pm »
Yes, you can (may be limited to "current" season in which you become a member though).  Suggest you get in touch with the AUK Recorder (I think he is the person to contact!) with your membership number and the brevet number for your event (used to be on the validation sticker).  Currently Allan Taylor (contact via http://www.aukweb.net/contactus/ )

It is automatic for the R1000 (no need to claim).  It's typically only the multiple year awards that might need claims (or more obscure ones, like fixed wheel).  Examples are the Brevet 10,000 (and event there, it's possible it might be picked up automatically).

There is a medal and badge to purchase.  See: http://www.aukweb.net/results/medalsbadges/ for list of badges etc, and http://audaxmedals.southportcc.co.uk/ for ordering form.

billyam998

• LEL rider C6 2013 / B11 2017 / B4 2022
« Reply #526 on: 23 September, 2013, 09:58:57 pm »
thankyou  8)

« Reply #527 on: 25 September, 2013, 09:42:02 am »
Quick question about RRTY:

Qualification: a validated BR or BRM in each of any 12 consecutive
months, as listed on the AUK results website.

The Eureka 200 km permanent was a BP and I just squeaked in at Randonneur speed. Would that count towards RRTY or not?

Thanks

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #528 on: 25 September, 2013, 09:44:56 am »
Ask MemSec directly. He is the RRtY honcho.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

phil dubya

• It's a fast bike, but the engine's knackered.
« Reply #529 on: 26 September, 2013, 07:41:25 pm »
Hi,

I've just joined Audax UK :) Paid my money on the website, haven't printed my membership card yet though.

Could anyone tell me if I should be expecting anything through the post?  And possibly what that would be?  I joined about 2 weeks ago, so I realise it's early days to expect anything to turn up.

Also, on the Audax Website it talks about completing distances within 'a season'.  Could someone tell me when the season runs from and too?

Apologies for all the newbie questions if they are in the wrong place.

Thanks,

(Phil) Dubya

« Reply #530 on: 26 September, 2013, 08:09:46 pm »
The season is October to end September. You should get a handbook and the latest arrivee (I think) in the post. Memsec should be along in a while to confirm.

« Reply #531 on: 26 September, 2013, 08:22:18 pm »
because you joined so late in the season, your fee should cover you till the end of next september

« Reply #532 on: 26 September, 2013, 08:46:45 pm »
Membership goes by the calendar year, not the audax season (doesn't it?)

Chris S

« Reply #533 on: 26 September, 2013, 08:56:23 pm »

Yes.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #534 on: 27 September, 2013, 06:01:16 pm »

Yes.
Membership will end 31/12/2014 (or 2018).

phil dubya

• It's a fast bike, but the engine's knackered.
« Reply #535 on: 29 September, 2013, 09:21:07 am »
Thank you for answering my questions, the membership landed on my doorstep this weekend.

So it would appear I have joined just in time for the 13-14 season :-)  More luck than judgement!

Cheers, Phil.

« Reply #536 on: 23 October, 2013, 01:13:59 pm »
If, hypothetically, one felt driven to make an official complaint, about an audax, where should one address that to?

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #537 on: 23 October, 2013, 01:16:03 pm »
If, hypothetically, one felt driven to make an official complaint, about an audax, where should one address that to?

Hypothetically, I would guess at the Events/Calendar Secretary being the first port of call?
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #538 on: 23 October, 2013, 01:19:01 pm »
Or if (hypothetically and I do hope not!) about Perms, the Perms Secretary.

« Reply #539 on: 23 October, 2013, 01:21:54 pm »
Or if (hypothetically and I do hope not!) about Perms, the Perms Secretary.
Don't be silly- you've been brill!  :-*

« Reply #540 on: 23 October, 2013, 01:33:51 pm »
 :)  :)

pizzicatooff

• Night riding is inevitable
« Reply #541 on: 23 October, 2013, 02:37:35 pm »

One should start by looking at the Audax UK Regulations (and their Appendices) in the AUK handbook.

Regulation 1.5 covers complaints procedures.

Appendix 1.5 describes these complaints procedures, and Appendix 1.5.2 notes helpfully:
1.5.2 Complaints regarding the conduct of an event should be made to the organiser’s club and
copied to the AUK events secretary. If the complaint is upheld by the AUK events secretary, the
organiser’s level will be rescinded.

« Reply #542 on: 23 October, 2013, 02:47:42 pm »
Thank you. I shall now weigh up whether the hypothetical should become actual.

Wal

« Reply #543 on: 04 November, 2013, 08:00:51 am »
Trying to share or send/export my GPX or TCX files from garmin connect as part of the submission for DIY-GPS... My GPX files will not open, is there a download to help open and send these files... The notice I get from garmin is that the site is down for repair when I try to share the link of my ride, here: http://connect.garmin.com/course/5098930#.UnZcbs2h9Ro.gmail and my files always want to open in some dodgy download which is blocked by Norton...

Advice welcome  :thumbsup:

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #544 on: 04 November, 2013, 08:30:23 am »
Garmin basecamp works for me or download the gpx file to your computer and send it as an email attachment.
The link you send for the site only opens the page for the organiser, I have found the file can't be downloaded from it the various times riders have sent it to me.
The organiser needs to run it through the AUK software and keep the file on record. You can download it straight from the connect site but the organiser can't.

Rich

Reg.T

• "You don't have to go fast; you just have to go."
« Reply #545 on: 04 November, 2013, 09:40:27 am »
For my 2 GPS submissions so far (both ECE), I've used GPSBabel to convert the .FIT file stored on the device into a GPX file that the AUK software can read.
Just turn me loose let me straddle my old saddle
Underneath the western skies

Wal

« Reply #546 on: 04 November, 2013, 10:15:45 am »
For my 2 GPS submissions so far (both ECE), I've used GPSBabel to convert the .FIT file stored on the device into a GPX file that the AUK software can read.

Garmin basecamp works for me or download the gpx file to your computer and send it as an email attachment.
The link you send for the site only opens the page for the organiser, I have found the file can't be downloaded from it the various times riders have sent it to me.
The organiser needs to run it through the AUK software and keep the file on record. You can download it straight from the connect site but the organiser can't.

Rich

Thanks both, I have downloaded the file again and sent it as is to the AUK organiser, lets see what comes back... If AUK have the gidgetry to unlock the file, super, less fettling on computers for me... thanks, W.  ;D

bikey-mikey

• AUK 6372
  • Yes, I am completely mad ! a.k.a. 333
« Reply #547 on: 04 November, 2013, 05:52:58 pm »
I think the problem might be that you can make your rides either private or public, and if they are private then only you can download files from them...

I uploaded my DIYxGPS done today to Garmin Connect, and had a look at it.

Then I chose EXPORT

selected  GPX

you then get a save dialogue, and I tend to code each file with a reference number, and the date, and save it in a special DIYxGPS file for that ride.

Then I email the organiser and attach the file.

It has always worked for me that way !!

PM me if you are still having problems   :)
I’ve decided I’m not old. I’m 25 .....plus shipping and handling.

Cycling heatmap
https://www.strava.com/athletes/4628735/heatmaps/6ed5ab12#10/51.12782/-3.16388

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #548 on: 04 November, 2013, 06:56:55 pm »
I think the problem might be that you can make your rides either private or public, and if they are private then only you can download files from them...
Even if the ride is set as public, you can only export a file for an activity if you are registered and logged in to Garmin Connect. So the organiser could download the file as a GPX or TCX if they register for Garmin Connect.

Note you only export a file for an activity (ie a ride you have recorded on your GPS and uploaded), you can't export a file for a course (ie a route you have drawn on Garmin Connect).

Wal

« Reply #549 on: 04 November, 2013, 08:03:12 pm »
Thanks for the advice folks :)... I have now uploaded my route, downloaded base camp and sent the GPX to the org who has validated it  ;D... I now have two Brevets for this year...  :thumbsup:... long may it continue...

W.