Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: What are you doing right now?
« Last post by T42 on Today at 10:38:19 am »
Just repaired some stair noses so the carpet can be put down. Never had a stair carpet before.  :o

A friend of ours used to work for a women's magazine in London. One of the articles she found in the archives dated from the post-WW2 shortages: "Knit Your Own Stair-Carpet".
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by cygnet on Today at 10:32:19 am »
Speeding Motorcycle - Yo La Tengo Daniel Johnston
Is anyone around this week? I'm away so Mr Smith needs tempting out.
Further and Faster / Re: Racing Collective Xduro
« Last post by mattc on Today at 10:29:34 am »
"Crossduro"? I read it as "exduro" being the opposite of "enduro"! Whatever you call it, it looks like another format of demanding fun. Doubt I'll be taking part in one – but maybe, if there's one near me...
I think the late June one is very near you - and one of the shortest ;)
« Last post by PaulF on Today at 10:24:54 am »
Little Honda ~ Yo La Tengo
Racing / Re: Windsor Triathlon - fecking knobends!!!!
« Last post by telstarbox on Today at 10:22:11 am »
The horse is in "primary" position maybe, but still definitely left of the centre line.
« Last post by cygnet on Today at 10:21:31 am »
Can anyone explain why the horse is on the right hand side of the road?

???
« Last post by fimm on Today at 10:07:39 am »

The organisers can't solely blame the riders for this as, assuming they are operating on the same legal basis as a time trial, they have allowed a bunch race to develop.  That shows a failure on their part either from not seeding their field correctly, not having wide enough intervals between starters or picking a course with a feature, such as a hill, which made bunching likely. 

Err, it is a triathlon. It will have gone off in waves, but a number of people will all have enetered the water together. Some of them will swim faster than others, so that will spread them out to some extent, but some of the slowers swimmers will be faster cyclists and vice versa, so there will be a lot of swapping of positions. It is a bit different to the draft-legal racing you see on TV.

There will (I assume) have been motor bike marshalls on the course but clearly there wasn't one in the right place at the right time to warn of the horse. There will be cyclists spread over quite a wide amount of road (up to 20km for a one lap Sprint) - probably more so than in Matt's cycle race.

Can anyone explain why the horse is on the right hand side of the road?
Audax / Re: I still hate the new Arrivee design
« Last post by GPS on Today at 09:58:13 am »
"Which is better M&M's, mars bars, or custard creams as audax fuel"

Custard Creams - no contest !
« Last post by Guy on Today at 09:58:12 am »
Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10