Author Topic: [HAMR] Yesterday's ride not posted  (Read 3171 times)

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
[HAMR] Yesterday's ride not posted
« on: 19 March, 2017, 08:17:41 am »
Hi,

This is the thread for those who get up, Steve's ride has not been put on Strava and then start to worry. There has so far not been a post for the 18th March.

Hope all is well.

BB
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

IJL

Re: Yesterday's ride not posted
« Reply #1 on: 19 March, 2017, 08:36:59 am »
His last track point is Milton Keynes at 03.10, it looks like he got back, perhaps just not uploaded the route yet.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2 on: 19 March, 2017, 08:57:55 am »
He stopped after about 180 miles for a very long time.  Set off for the final 40 miles home after midnight.
Or that's what it looked like to me.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #3 on: 19 March, 2017, 11:26:29 am »
He stopped after about 180 miles for a very long time.  Set off for the final 40 miles home after midnight.

That's my reading of it.

The Ivanoscope shows the 24 hour period midnight to midnight, so it looks like Steve did the last miles back to Milton Keynes in the early hours of this morning, then set off again at about 9am.

When he finishes after midnight, it also skews the average speed for that 24 hour period because the Ivanoscope is recording 0km/h for the time Steve is asleep in the house.

https://frrt.org/tg/r/1-steve

Phil W

« Reply #4 on: 20 March, 2017, 08:30:35 pm »

Headwinds. He was stopped at the McDonalds. The road after that is a fast dual carriageway. So better to ride that when it is quieter as well.

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #5 on: 21 March, 2017, 07:46:12 am »
The first ride of the year has disappeared from Strava. Anyone know why? No great worry as it is credited on UMCA.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #6 on: 21 March, 2017, 05:45:49 pm »
The second part of his first ride seems to be flagged ...... grrr!!

Perhaps it looked odd that Seven Abraham rode with Steven Abraham and they both posted 150 milish rides on the same day ?
Leo