Author Topic: Whamageddon  (Read 1666 times)

Ben T

• What you saying, then?
Re: Whamageddon
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2017, 04:43:16 pm »
No idea why but I woke up with an overwhelming urge that a vast improvement would be this
This is destiny, it's fate, it's the matrix working in my favour.

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2017, 09:20:43 am »
Still unwhammed despite 2 hours in various shops!
Never tell me the odds.

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2017, 12:40:53 pm »
Aaarrrrgh...whammed by an Internet radio station just now.  So close.
Never tell me the odds.

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2017, 02:30:15 pm »
Technically, I am out because it cropped up on FB and Dez, in explaining it to me, played the track in question. However,

1. I had never knowingly heard it before
2. I have no idea what it's called
3. I am pretty sure I wouldn't recognise it if I heard it again.

This post was sent from another dimension in which Mozart's Great C Minor Mass is currently being played. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is WAMageddon, and I am out every day, I am pleased to say.
Wow, when this was a hit, YOU were young!

Possibly a bit young. The only reason I ever heard pop music was because 3/4 of my older siblings played it (not so my oldest brother - he introduced me to Bach, Beethoven and Mozart and it was their stuff I fell in love with). After we all went our separate ways (1972 was the year I started college and left home) I never heard any more pop music on the radio or television but by that time I was needing a fix of a couple of hours' piano practice every day just to stand still - I was about grade 8 standard. When you spend that much time playing music for yourself you don't bother that much to listen to other people making it.

These days I do nearly all my listening when driving the car, but it is mostly whatever our next piece we are singing in the choir. I occasionally tune to R3 and hear modern stuff. Last Thursday, for example, they played "Whistle while you work!" because it was the 80th anniversary of its publication!
Homo sapiens - a creature so intelligent it knowingly sowed the seeds of its own destruction and did nothing about it.

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2017, 12:13:16 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04wjxzr
Top of the Pops 2 - definitely a Wham festive single in it so best avoided.

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2017, 10:13:55 pm »
I'm out. Sitting in the pub and it's on now. Aaaargh.