Author Topic: Whamageddon  (Read 1287 times)

Ben T

• Viable.
Re: Whamageddon
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2017, 04:43:16 pm »
No idea why but I woke up with an overwhelming urge that a vast improvement would be this
Just don't think about it too much.

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2017, 09:20:43 am »
Still unwhammed despite 2 hours in various shops!
Never tell me the odds.

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2017, 12:40:53 pm »
Aaarrrrgh...whammed by an Internet radio station just now.  So close.
Never tell me the odds.

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2017, 02:30:15 pm »
Technically, I am out because it cropped up on FB and Dez, in explaining it to me, played the track in question. However,

1. I had never knowingly heard it before
2. I have no idea what it's called
3. I am pretty sure I wouldn't recognise it if I heard it again.

This post was sent from another dimension in which Mozart's Great C Minor Mass is currently being played. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is WAMageddon, and I am out every day, I am pleased to say.
Wow, when this was a hit, YOU were young!

Possibly a bit young. The only reason I ever heard pop music was because 3/4 of my older siblings played it (not so my oldest brother - he introduced me to Bach, Beethoven and Mozart and it was their stuff I fell in love with). After we all went our separate ways (1972 was the year I started college and left home) I never heard any more pop music on the radio or television but by that time I was needing a fix of a couple of hours' piano practice every day just to stand still - I was about grade 8 standard. When you spend that much time playing music for yourself you don't bother that much to listen to other people making it.

These days I do nearly all my listening when driving the car, but it is mostly whatever our next piece we are singing in the choir. I occasionally tune to R3 and hear modern stuff. Last Thursday, for example, they played "Whistle while you work!" because it was the 80th anniversary of its publication!
Basses lower the tone.

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2017, 12:13:16 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04wjxzr
Top of the Pops 2 - definitely a Wham festive single in it so best avoided.

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2017, 10:13:55 pm »
I'm out. Sitting in the pub and it's on now. Aaaargh.