Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2414655 times)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #22050 on: 10 June, 2018, 04:33:51 pm »
Lawn. Sun. Deckchair.  View. Gin & Tonic.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22051 on: 11 June, 2018, 09:14:37 am »
Trying to get my mind to focus on what I should be doing rather than the nice weather outside.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

fuzzy

« Reply #22052 on: 11 June, 2018, 09:19:38 am »
reading the manual for my new camera and thinking "how many f%&$ing settings?"

Try this to get you going. Worked well with my OMD EM10- MkII

https://robinwong.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-robin-wongs-om-d-camera-cheat-sheet.html

ow do you rate the OMD?

I'm considering either the OMD or the 6000 series Sony as a replacement for my aging Sony a350.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #22053 on: 11 June, 2018, 10:02:42 am »
Sneezing.  A lot.  And aching.  Bah!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #22054 on: 11 June, 2018, 03:30:41 pm »
Enjoying proper broadband speeds again.  It had slowed to about 2.5M download with 20M upload.  BT engineer remade some joints in the local cab & I'm getting 66M again.  Hopefully the instances of it dying completely will have been fixed as well.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22055 on: 11 June, 2018, 09:39:15 pm »
Drinking a glass of beer. On a school night!
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

ian

« Reply #22056 on: 12 June, 2018, 09:19:05 am »
Applying for visas. What's my fax number again? Fax. Good god, I'm booking a trip back to 1988.

fuzzy

« Reply #22057 on: 12 June, 2018, 10:50:29 am »
Planning my next phone call to the national purveyor of overpriced retirement living apartments (n-poorla) an entity whose name resembles that of a former cigar smoking brandy drinking political leader or a dog based insurance co.

n-poorla has a number of unresolved issues as far as we are concerned and we have phoned and e mailed a named individual within the organisation several times. Not even an aknowledgement.

I have tried to get contact details for the CEO but the walls went up. I did get e mail details for a senior P.A. and that may be the next route.

Today, I have just seen the portacabin offices beeing packed up for removal. The end is nigh which is a releief but we don't want them dissapearing without resolving the problems, at least one of which we were told the replacement materials were on order for.

I shall phone this afternoon to ask why we aren't being responded to and to suggest that, if we have become a pain in the arse, the best way to get us to STFU is to respond to communication, not ignore it.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22058 on: 12 June, 2018, 12:32:51 pm »
Nothing much, involving a dog bowl, a cat bowl, two sink strainers, a bunch of wood and much profanity.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #22059 on: 13 June, 2018, 07:27:01 am »
Contemplating the horror that is the Tube at this time of day.  I don't wanna go!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #22060 on: 13 June, 2018, 07:51:07 am »
Contemplating the horror that is work at pretty much any time of day.  I don't wanna go!

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22061 on: 13 June, 2018, 08:37:04 am »
Trying (without much success) to ignore the CRANE that has just arrived outside my office window. It's got some craney things to do and it's all very exciting. Well, a lot more exciting that the escalation slide deck I'm supposed to be doing.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22062 on: 13 June, 2018, 09:01:46 am »
Contemplating the horror that is indecision. I mean, do I go for a ride or fiddle about in the workshop or drive off somewhere with the missus for a coffee?  Retirement is hell.

« Reply #22063 on: 13 June, 2018, 09:09:29 am »
Getting ready for a home ed trip to the Safari park. The home ed level of planning (turn up when you like, see you there) and home ed time keeping (10-11 = half turning up at 11.30) is making me a bit worried we will miss everyone else. Hopefully Nye's complete disinterest in animals will be swayed by the size of the elephants. Or we might end up taking the short cut out of the park to get to the rides, which he will like.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #22064 on: 16 June, 2018, 01:15:27 pm »
Making stone soup.
I'm sterilising 3 interesting looking rocks by boiling them in a huge pot before adding them to the aquarium I'm in the process of setting up.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22065 on: 18 June, 2018, 08:08:23 am »
I’m watching my work laptop apparently do nothing while I try and decide if it is actually doing something towards the rebuild it’s supposed to be doing.

« Reply #22066 on: 18 June, 2018, 11:51:13 am »
Contemplating going to my Dad's to retrieve my air rifle. They did a load of work on the drive that serves three houses next door to us and it appears to have disturbed some rats which we saw wandering around our lawn under the bird feeders yesterday evening. The cat is now too elderly to deal with them and the dog too clumsy and bouncy so it's up to me.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22067 on: 18 June, 2018, 12:38:58 pm »
Also contemplating: postprandial snooze or not?

On the whole I think yes.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22068 on: 18 June, 2018, 03:49:26 pm »
I’m watching my work laptop apparently do nothing again while I try and decide if it is actually doing something towards the rebuild it’s supposed to be doing. It wasn’t this morning, so I’m not hopeful now.

There is a certain amount of circular carry on the the current situation. The reason I’m having to rebuild my PC is because the Software Centre is borked and I can’t download any new software. But the operations system is software, and guess where that comes from.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22069 on: 19 June, 2018, 08:30:06 am »
I’ll bet NO ONE can guess what I doing right now. 😡

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #22070 on: 19 June, 2018, 08:36:42 am »
Being watched by your laptop?
It is simpler than it looks.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22071 on: 20 June, 2018, 08:59:03 am »
Casting about for some thin, shiny steel to use as a tailpiece on my current CBG build.  In the kitchen we have a whippy steel spatula which would be perfect, given a little torture with, saw, pliers and pointy things, but it's Mrs T's favourite and there'd be wigs on the green if I nicked it.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #22072 on: 20 June, 2018, 09:41:50 am »
Just repaired some stair noses so the carpet can be put down. Never had a stair carpet before.  :o

(Mind you, one of the four houses I’ve owned was a bungalow...)
It is simpler than it looks.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22073 on: 20 June, 2018, 10:38:19 am »
Just repaired some stair noses so the carpet can be put down. Never had a stair carpet before.  :o

A friend of ours used to work for a women's magazine in London. One of the articles she found in the archives dated from the post-WW2 shortages: "Knit Your Own Stair-Carpet".

« Reply #22074 on: 21 June, 2018, 09:47:58 am »
Sitting in a consultation room waiting for counsel and solicitor.