Author Topic: Printer - router/access point channel conflict?  (Read 1339 times)

Printer - router/access point channel conflict?
« on: 03 August, 2018, 08:03:42 am »
Our Epson (XP-412) has suddenly stopped printing from this Win10 machine.  Was working fine before.  Print jobs sit in 'error' in print queue.  if I print out WiFi connection details, states "a router/ access point channel conflict has been detected...Improve your network envirnment".  I've turned off/on devices, and router.  Updated printer software.  Downloaded Epson Net Config (doesn't seem too helpful).  No joy.

My money is on some new Win10 update interfering, but any ideas?  Epson don't seem to have any 'diagnosis' software to run...
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Phil W

Re: Printer - router/access point channel conflict?
« Reply #1 on: 04 August, 2018, 01:07:51 pm »
Is your printer close enough to the router that you can plug it in, so it becomes wired?

« Reply #2 on: 04 August, 2018, 01:29:35 pm »
Is windows steering towards another print resource as default?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: 04 August, 2018, 06:10:47 pm »
Thanks.  After fiddling about for a while I deleted the drivers/software off the PC, and reinstalled.  Didn't work for a bit while there was only one printer icon 'in error state' in devices and printers, then PC came up with an epson firmware update, which it installed with no problem over wifi.  Now there are two icons in devices and printers, the original one 'in error state', and other that WORKS! 

Who knows what the issue was/is, but a least it prints over wifi now.

edit.  Bah!  error state again.  give up.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson