Author Topic: East Midlands trains - bike on Lincoln-Derby train, Sat?  (Read 927 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
East Midlands trains - bike on Lincoln-Derby train, Sat?
« on: 18 October, 2018, 05:36:29 pm »
How badly will I be treated as a walk-up??
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Re: East Midlands trains - bike on Lincoln-Derby train, Sat?
« Reply #1 on: 18 October, 2018, 05:54:43 pm »
I'm assuming that's with a change in Nottingham?
Lincoln to Notts is an East Midlands train, no cycle reservations, bikes normally by the toilet, sit next to it.  Used it many times never a problem even when there's a couple more bikes than the permitted 2.
Notts - Derby is probably Cross Country, reservation are supposedly required, I've used it several times and never bothered, once or twice I had to wait for the next train but there's several an hour.
Depending on where in Derby you're heading -  you might also consider staying on the first train and going to East Midlands Parkway, about 10 easy miles from Derby centre.  I'm that side of town and it's easier for me than changing trains.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: 18 October, 2018, 07:26:15 pm »
:like:  :thumbsup:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #3 on: 21 October, 2018, 05:54:00 pm »
Alternatively change at Newark castle for the Matlock service, and use East Midlands trains all the way.
Don't ask.