Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1738112 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #325 on: 22 October, 2009, 10:27:06 am »
We rushed off to the S&C, arriving back on the nominal schedule at 1900, and installed ourselves in the bar with a pint of stoker's to wait for Tokamak.  Unfortunately the "doughnut" was in the wrong Compasses (although he did meet chief there, who gallantly had a pint to keep him company ;)).

Ahem, yes, well... you see all week I'd been thinking of the Compasses in Littley Green and just had in my head that is was on your chosen route to Rayne, obviously I didn't bother to actually read the thread too thoroughly or anything like that! Anyway, they had Maldon Gold on tap - so I had two, and a home-pickled egg, pickled with mustard seeds, delicious! It was already dawning on me that I might have got the wrong pub before Chief arrived, he confirmed by doubts, had a quick pint himself and then took off for Rayne.

Glad you all had fun, maybe I'll make it for next week?!

You were missed.  We need to see more of that Bobb fellow as well.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #326 on: 22 October, 2009, 10:50:31 am »

Anyone interested in the Christmas do should CLICK HERE

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #327 on: 22 October, 2009, 12:26:41 pm »
In case the references to Jordan confuse y'all, it's because someone on CycleChat, on seeing this photo, said I look like Katie Price. I leave you all to decide whether I do or not.

My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Oscar's dad

« Reply #328 on: 22 October, 2009, 12:52:46 pm »
^^^ There is a vague resemblance.  It certainly beats people thinking I'm John Noakes, Rik Mayall or Gordon Brittas!  I'd take it as a compliment!

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #329 on: 22 October, 2009, 01:03:17 pm »
Yeah, but she's hardly the sharpest tool in the box, is she. I still can't decide whether it's compliment or insult to my brainpower.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Oscar's dad

« Reply #330 on: 22 October, 2009, 01:13:01 pm »
Yeah, but she's hardly the sharpest tool in the box, is she. I still can't decide whether it's compliment or insult to my brainpower.

I don't think she is as daft as she is made out to be.  You can certainly question her morals, methods and ethics but I don't think she has an intelligence deficit.

« Reply #331 on: 22 October, 2009, 01:16:02 pm »
There is a resemblance, but to get the complete Jordan look you'd need to have 99% of your brain removed and flash your boobs at every opportunity in some crass nightclub!

Yes, I need to get myself out on more of these rides. It's just that Life Has Been A Bit Shit RecentlyTM and I haven't been out on the bike much. As my replacement for it has been beer and cigarettes, my fitness level has gone from low to Marianas Trench. I do intend to rectify this though.....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #332 on: 22 October, 2009, 01:18:45 pm »
Wearing red fishnets and sitting on wow's lap won't help much. Let's see what comes up and go from there.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #333 on: 22 October, 2009, 01:21:16 pm »

I don't think she is as daft as she is made out to be.  You can certainly question her morals, methods and ethics but I don't think she has an intelligence deficit.

Oh come off it!! Women who get their tits out a lot will always make money and it's not exactly brain taxing work. FHM readers and their ilk will always stump up some cash. As soon as she made loads of money doing that, she just got a bunch of managers in who run all "her business" projects.

The only person in the world more stupid than her is that twat of a husband (or is it ex-husband now (sorry I don't read Hello)) of hers....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #334 on: 22 October, 2009, 01:22:12 pm »
Wearing red fishnets and sitting on wow's lap won't help much. Let's see what comes up and go from there.  :thumbsup:

Have you ever had a Trice wrapped round your head?   ;D

Oscar's dad

« Reply #335 on: 22 October, 2009, 01:24:41 pm »

I don't think she is as daft as she is made out to be.  You can certainly question her morals, methods and ethics but I don't think she has an intelligence deficit.

Oh come off it!! Women who get their tits out a lot will always make money and it's not exactly brain taxing work. FHM readers and their ilk will always stump up some cash. As soon as she made loads of money doing that, she just got a bunch of managers in who run all "her business" projects.

The only person in the world more stupid than her is that twat of a husband (or is it ex-husband now (sorry I don't read Hello)) of hers....

You could be right, I'm only going on what I've seen of her on the telly (which isn't much).  Next time I bump into Katie on the Flitch Way I will conduct some sort of Mensa test.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #336 on: 24 October, 2009, 10:39:28 pm »
The next edition of the MEMWNS on Wednesday the 28th October (November) is a rare double-header:  starting with a visit to the Chequers at Goldhanger, followed by a 2.5 mile hop to The Swan at Little Totham.

For those attending who wish to ride from Witham, the outbound route will be a repeat of the Oscar's Dad lungbuster route, albeit at a more sedate pace this time.  Witham -> Chequers is ~16 miles, with a further 2.5 to the Swan then another 6 or so back to Witham.

The whole route is here at Bikely.  Any gross errors in the cue sheet are down to my inability to tell my left from right 50% of the time.  You have been warned :)

Also, if you are following me home, I have an uncanny knack for missing the left turn onto Plains road at 19.3 miles.  That adds a bit to the distance :).  Again, YHBW.  ;D
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #337 on: 24 October, 2009, 11:11:30 pm »
Do you mean November?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #338 on: 24 October, 2009, 11:23:43 pm »
Do you mean November?

good spot - I meant "October" ... I'll correct it now - thanks wow.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #339 on: 25 October, 2009, 01:57:40 pm »
What time will we be leaving Witham? I will probably have another lady with me...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #340 on: 26 October, 2009, 09:33:35 am »
Regarding this Wednesday, I think me un The Current Mrs R will meet you at The Chequers as I have to go down the Poole and Portsmouth so may not be back by 6:30.  We will also have to eat before we set off. 

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #341 on: 26 October, 2009, 07:28:35 pm »
    I'll ride out from Dunmow; if I'm running late I'll go directly to Lt Totham, otherwise see you at the Chequers in Goldhanger.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #342 on: 27 October, 2009, 07:26:03 am »
What time will we be leaving Witham? I will probably have another lady with me...

I was going to say 6:30, but since OD and Mrs OD aren't likely to be setting off until a bit later, we could always set off a bit later (say 7:15 ?).  mrs_o and I can then put the kids to bed before heading out.  It's probably about 1.5 hours to Goldhanger via the route about (at the usual MEMWNS pace).

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #343 on: 27 October, 2009, 07:52:04 am »
7:15 chez vous sounds fine. I will have Deneice with me (who knows Tomsk).

Oscar's dad

« Reply #344 on: 27 October, 2009, 08:10:32 am »
We will defo see you there. 

The work agenda for tomorrow is some what fluid so Heaven only noses when we will set off.  Additionally The Current Mrs R's knee is playing up (she's off to the docs in a minute) so the direct 10 mile route to Goldhanger is probably a good idea - I want her in one piece for the WAGs EFNRttP.

Me iPhone is saying the weather won't be too bad.  No rain  >:(

« Reply #345 on: 27 October, 2009, 08:40:25 am »
7:15 chez vous sounds fine. I will have Deneice with me (who knows Tomsk).
Is that the same Deneice who did the Essex Lanes Audax in March 08?

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #346 on: 27 October, 2009, 08:48:24 am »
I think so. I haven't met her yet but have spoken with her on the phone - she is winning the ladies' Audax at the moment, I believe. She's a chum of Tomsk's who happens to live in the next village to me.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #347 on: 27 October, 2009, 06:34:22 pm »
I want to do this ride but I've been snotting and coughing since Sunday - the second cold I've had in a fortnight after a long period without. It's looking unlikely.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #348 on: 27 October, 2009, 07:31:20 pm »
Deniece isn't now coming but I'm still planning to attend. I have an überbusy day tomorrow but hopefully will have time to do everything I need to so can escape to the pub...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #349 on: 28 October, 2009, 05:24:12 pm »
I really think I might be putting in an appearance.